How can i change my my spotify username?

Solved!

How can i change my my spotify username?

sigridmoen

Hi! This is probably been asked a lot before, but I could not find exactly what I was looking for.

I got my spotify account some years ago, and I made my account through facebook. My problem is that I really want to connect spotify to other devises etc.. So I found a place where I could make a username to my spotify.. My problem is that I never got the change to make my own username, it was already a username there.. It is many numbers and really hard to remember...

It is a way to change that? I had never been there before so I think its weird that it was made by itself(since other people I know could make their own..)

Thanks for answers(sorry, I know it is some incorrect grammar)

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Solution!

Elena

Hey everybody,

We've made some changes backstage and right now if you don’t like your display name you can change it by following the steps here

You could also connect to Facebook to display your Facebook name. But if you decide to add a Spotify display name, it will show instead of your Facebook one.

Last but not least, you can take a look at this Spotify Answer, if you want to read more about how you can customize your Spotify profile.

Give us a shout, in case there's anything else you need help with!

Take care 😊

ElenaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

View solution in original post

118 Replies

ChiliJunkie
Gig Goer

I do not understand...there has to be one about now...
But seeing that "My year in Music" Fiasco I am not surprised anymore...

Follow me

marvinrodri
Casual Listener

I hate this in a level...

deadlyjack
Casual Listener

I've got a username, but spotify has chosen to make my real name visable (probably due to the facebook connection)... Is there any way that I could remove my name at least and use my username instead?

osornios
Rock Star 24
Rock Star 24

@deadlyjack

The only way to do that is by removing your Facebook connection in the Desktop app (Preferences > Disconnect from Facebook).

osorniosRock Star 24
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Scaterbrain

hello i disconnect from facebook but it won t work and my real name is still on it with my profile picture

i also disconnect spotify from facebook... 

can someone tell me how to do it ? 

thanks 

osornios
Rock Star 24
Rock Star 24

@Scaterbrain

If you already unlinked Facebook from within the app (Preferences > Disconnect from Facebook), give it a little while to update.

In a day or two, your name will eventually revert back to your Spotify username.

osorniosRock Star 24

user-removed
Not applicable
No way to change preference if you used fb as you log in details...

aftertherevolt
Casual Listener

I've waited over 2 weeks now after deleting my facebook connection. It's still not fixed. 

My facebook real name and picture is:

- on my online profile page

- on my app profile, and any where username shows up

My original username (the one I want)

- is used when logged into settings through a web browser

- my profile URL

Not acceptable of course. How do I force this change to happen?

Clearly not changing after a day or 2.

osornios
Rock Star 24
Rock Star 24

Hey @aftertherevolt,

You should fill out the contact form, and someone from Spotify will be happy to help you within 24 hrs. Don't forget to check your spam folder for responses as they may end up there.

If you get an automated email directing you to the community or help pages, you need to reply directly to support@spotify.com and one of the customer services agents will get back to you.

osorniosRock Star 24

aftertherevolt
Casual Listener

thanks. Got tired of looking for the contact form and kept getting directed here 😉

gerardofranco99

Wow, Spotify really has the worst logistics. How is it possibe that you can't change your username?might as well change to apple music. This sucks

Sporator
Casual Listener

You guys should work on letting us change it. Because that would be so helpful to so many people.

jeryadrian

Yeah you guys should do something with this username problem.

anthony_ahtypis

Is there seriously no way to change our Usernames?

SUGGESTED POSTS