Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

How to block an artist

How to block an artist

A Colleague tried to be funny when I didn't lock my computer at work, and played a song from K3, which I really don't like.

He didn't click follow, or added it to my songs.

Since then I get songs from this artist in my release radar or sometimes in my discover weekly. Does anybody know how to stop this?

4 Replies

Hey there!

First, check to see if your friend "Followed" that artist/band. You can do this by going to searching for the artist/band.

Screen Shot 2018-01-15 at 7.05.36 PM.png

If you are not following the band, it should look like the above photo. 

If the band is appearing on your Discover Weekly, on your desktop, you can "dislike" them by hitting the appropriate icon in the bottom left-hand corner.

You can also manually skip any song from the band, and that will eventually fix the issue.

I hope this helps! Let me know if you need any more assistance! 

Kind regards,

James

I would love to be able to block artists I refuse to listen to. Like Chris Brown. I won't listen to him and the inability to block artists who are offensive (for being a woman beater, not lyrics) is a reason I'm thinking about going back to pandora. 

100% agree.

This seems so trivial in terms of a music service.

Pandora's radio algorithm, in my opinion, is superior. 

I only pay for Spotify for its radio + ability to skip/replay.

With this lack of ability to block an artist, I get very annoyed with the types of music that pop up on the radio, because like I said your radio algorithm sucks.

6 months ago I put Spotify on a VERY high pedestal but the more I realize it's lack of features makes me wonder why I am paying for this?

I am VERY close to switching to Pandora considering it too has limitations but at least its radio is good. As it stands right now I listen to Pandora about 30% of the time and currently I am paying for Spotify and not Pandora.

The fact I listen to ads on Pandora over listening to the music service I am paying for should say a lot on its own...

You guys might lose another Spotify customer here in the next few months

I totally agree, Chris Brown is a piece**bleep**!

Suggested posts