Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

How to delete a playlist?

Solved!

How to delete a playlist?

I'm confused. Some time ago I deleted a playlist that I created. Another user followed/subscribed to my playlist and seems to have kept that playlist in his account even after I deleted it. Because a couple of days ago I got an email saying that this user (to attract my attention) re-subscribed to that playlist. I can access that playlist via that email, I'm even currently listening to it. But it shouldn't even exist anymore. And I can't delete it permanently.

Did I do something wrong or is it a mayor bug in the software to not be able to delete own playlists permanently?

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

If you get in touch with the customer services team directly using the online contact form they might be able to manually delete the playlist for you, I'm not sure if it is possible though!

If you get an automated email reply back directing you to the community or help pages, you need to reply directly to that email (even if its from no-reply) and one of the customer services agents will get back to you as soon as possible.

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

View solution in original post

Marked as solution

I logged in to Spotify on my Android smartphone and was able to delete my play lists that I no longer wanted. Then when I created a new Playlist, I marked it "private".

View solution in original post

7 Replies

Hey 🙂 

The way the playlist system works, you can't permanently delete a playlist - if that was possible you would be able to remove playlists from other peoples accounts if they followed your playlists which would be a massive pain for that person. 

In reality, when you delete a playlist, all you do is break the link between that playlist and your account/profile. If you don't want your playlists to be publically available, set them to Secret from the right click menu. You can also make new playlists automatically secret from the Edit/Spotify > Preferences menu.

Peter

Peter

Thanks for the quick reply! I see the point that it would be "a pain" for another user if I deleted my playlist. But nevertheless it is more painful for me not to be able to keep complete control over the content I create. That is - for me at least - a major issue and should be fixed by the staff.

Marked as solution

If you get in touch with the customer services team directly using the online contact form they might be able to manually delete the playlist for you, I'm not sure if it is possible though!

If you get an automated email reply back directing you to the community or help pages, you need to reply directly to that email (even if its from no-reply) and one of the customer services agents will get back to you as soon as possible.

Peter

Peter

Thanks, Peter!

Marked as solution

I logged in to Spotify on my Android smartphone and was able to delete my play lists that I no longer wanted. Then when I created a new Playlist, I marked it "private".

One can NOT delete playlists on Spotify.

How come?

Because Spotify is almost absolutely useless, that's why.  The interface and total lack of granualar tools is there on purpose... to drag you into listening to **bleep** you don't want to so the big artists get their pennies.  Well... it's a totally useless interface, isn't it?  No wonder I tried it yet again today and after fifteen minutes was punching my screen and yelling **bleep** Spotify, are you really that stupid?  Yes, yes they are.

Suggested posts