Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

How to disconnect a facebook account from Spotify account

Solved!

How to disconnect a facebook account from Spotify account

Today i helped my parents installing their new Sonos audio system.

Installed the Sonos app on their laptop and Ipad, had to create an new Spotify account to be able to link sonos with spotify.

Bought a premium package for them so they were all set to go. I wanted to demonstrate how spotify works so i decided to log on with my Facebook account so that i could see my playlist i have. 

The problem:

My facebook is now connected with their Spotify premium account. I lost all my playlists i had on my account and i cant disconnect my facebook from their Spotify account.

How do i get my playlists back and disconnect from their Spotify account?

Thanks in advance

Rob Vogels

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey Rob! Welcome to the community 🙂

First thing to do is disconnect your Facebook account from your parents Spotify. To do this, you need the desktop application, log in as your parents, then go to Edit > Preferences > Social Network > Disconnect from Facebook and that will break the connection between your accounts. 

Next, get in touch with the customer services team directly using the online contact form and they will be able restore your playlists and things for you. 

If you get an automated email reply back directing you to the community or help pages, you need to reply directly to that email (even if its from no-reply) and one of the customer services agents will get back to you as soon as possible.

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

View solution in original post

5 Replies
Marked as solution

Hey Rob! Welcome to the community 🙂

First thing to do is disconnect your Facebook account from your parents Spotify. To do this, you need the desktop application, log in as your parents, then go to Edit > Preferences > Social Network > Disconnect from Facebook and that will break the connection between your accounts. 

Next, get in touch with the customer services team directly using the online contact form and they will be able restore your playlists and things for you. 

If you get an automated email reply back directing you to the community or help pages, you need to reply directly to that email (even if its from no-reply) and one of the customer services agents will get back to you as soon as possible.

Peter

Peter

Thanks Peter disconnected from my parents Spotify account and contacted Spotify through the link you posted.

I tried to log on with my facebook account on Spotify Desktop but it automaticaly logs me out after like 5 seconds. Do i have to wait for awhile to be able to log on again or im a missing something?

Rob

It should normally work straight away, if you are in touch with customer services, I would suggest mentioning it to them since they will be able to look into your account for you.

Peter

Peter

Hi Peter,

I read a similar discription in spotify help. Unfortunately the description is not right, at least in the german version of spotify. There is no social network part in the preferences in the german version, where you could disconnect from facebook. And I also couldn´t find a way to switch to the english version :-(.

Do you have an idea how to solve this?

Thanx a lot!

Martin

You can only disconnect from Facebook if you originally signed up using a normal Spotify username and password. If you did, log out and log back in - make sure you type in your spotify username and password on the login field, not your email.

If you signed up using a Facebook account, you can't disconnect. You must make a new account and tell support to move your playlists there.

Suggested posts