Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

I cannot delete my account

I cannot delete my account

I am trying to delete my Spotify account.  I follow the link in the FAQ and page to delete never loads. Please see attachment. I have tried this link in Firefox, Vivaldi, Safari, and MS Edge.  Never loads.  Tried on 2 different Macs, my iPhone and my iPad and it still does not work.

All content blockers are disabled.

SCR-20231027-moej.png
7 Replies

Hey @PastaShock,

Thanks for reaching out!

I'd suggest testing this out with your Firefox browser but the steps below should apply to all browsers regardless:

1. Try clearing your browser's cached data before logging in again. 
  2. After you've successfully logged in, open this link and, in case it doesn't load, give it a few minutes and check again if anything has changed.

On my end the page looks like yours does but it fixes itself and loads within a few seconds 🙂

Also make sure no VPN services are enabled as they might be interfering with the connection.

Keep us posted on how things go 🙌🏼

VasilModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

I tried that. Page still won't load.

Is there some other way I can delete my account? Is there a customer service number I can call?

Hi @PastaShock,

Thanks for reaching out. 

Make sure to try in an incognito window and on different networks, not just different devices. If the page still doesn't open, but you otherwise still have access to your account, you can reach out to our support team so they can assist you in closing it. Be advised though, if your account is on Premium, it cannot be closed. If you do have Premium, consider cancelling it, waiting until the account reverts to free and trying to delete it again. If it still doesn't work, reach out to our support team, making sure you're logged in on the device you're writing from.

Hope this helps.

JoanModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.

Neither Incognito Mode nor a Private/Incognito window work.

The Contact Spotify page gives me the same error and the page to delete my account. I need to speak to a human being.

And a completely different network doesn'rt work.  I tried it from my phone with Wi-Fi turned off, my work computer, and my personal laptop connected to a Verizon MiFi.

Hey @PastaShock,

Perhaps something in your network is preventing Spotify page from loading. I'd recommend checking your router's settings and making sure there aren't any restrictions set. It's also worth giving it another try with cellular data instead of Wi-Fi.

In case you've already tried that, ask a friend or a relative to lend you their device, then log in to your Spotify account and try closing it again to see if the page would load there.

Hope you get this sorted out.

YordanModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a "Like".

I cannot close my account and i am experiencing the same problems that others have complained about. Spotify just made the **bleep** list

Suggested posts