Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

I’ve been charged twice

Solved!

I’ve been charged twice

Hi I have been charged twice from my debit card for this premium service. I have subscribed a few minutes ago and checked from my Paypal activity that I was indeed charged twice. And another thing, I thought I supposed to be getting the 30 days free trial first? Why am I still getting charged $9.90 X2? Please response as soon as possible. Thank You..
Case #: 00779797

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey xalkyrie, welcome to the Community.

One of our payments team will be in touch soon to get things sorted out.

--------------------------------------------------------------

For common support questions, see support.spotify.com.
To judge my musical taste, check out my last.fm.

View solution in original post

30 Replies
Marked as solution

Hey xalkyrie, welcome to the Community.

One of our payments team will be in touch soon to get things sorted out.

Hey have saved my credit card because you have not been able to take any money! wondering what to do so you have my new account number? Sincerely Åsa my email is [snip].

Hi Thanks!

@åsa4183 wrote:

Hey have saved my credit card because you have not been able to take any money! wondering what to do so you have my new account number? Sincerely Åsa my email is [snip].

Hey Åsa, you can update your payment card here. Also make sure your card/bank account meets these requirements.

Hi I just want to try premium for 30 days first. So far I'm enjoying it and am planning to subscribe. Please refund the double charges and let me complete the trial first. Thank You.

I've been charged twice too. I've just completed the 30 day free trial which ended on the 2/07/13 or the 3/07/13 and I've been charged 9.99 twice. Please fix this

Hi. I suggest you submit an online contact form and someone at Spotify will look into this for you. If you get an automated reply, make sure to reply to it directly (even if it's from a no reply) and it will be sent to the Spotify staff.

@HaileyJ wrote:

I've been charged twice too. I've just completed the 30 day free trial which ended on the 2/07/13 or the 3/07/13 and I've been charged 9.99 twice. Please fix this

I have also been charged twice. They said next month will be free but they charged me again. I have summited the contact form and they just say to do what I have already done. Please help. I love spotify and don't want this to be the reason I stop

@Amandarbaker199 wrote:
I have also been charged twice. They said next month will be free but they charged me again. I have summited the contact form and they just say to do what I have already done. Please help. I love spotify and don't want this to be the reason I stop

If you aren't satisfied, just reply to your last email from customer services again, that will reopen your case in the system. Unfortunately all payment issues have to go through that team. 

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

I have been charged twice in June, July and August for my spotify account? How do I stop this and also get my money back?

Contact payment team and talk with them about duble payments right here on Spotify http://www.spotify.com/about-us/contact/

If you get automated response, just reply back.

i have also bin charged twice for my premium account for the last 8 month .... for some reason i noticed it recently today.. accountname: UDMusic

@UDMusic wrote:

i have also bin charged twice for my premium account for the last 8 month .... for some reason i noticed it recently today.. accountname: UDMusic

Hi, and welcome to the community!

I suggest you submit an online contact form; and someone at Spotify can fix that for you and refund you.

If you get an automated reply; make sure to reply to it directly (even if it's from a no reply); and it will be sent to the Spotify staff.

Anthony 🙂

This post was by Taylor - I do not work for Spotify!
If this solved your issue - Mark it as a solution! If you like my post - Please add Kudos!
||  Spotify Profile - Taylor   |  Feel free to PM me - Here  ||

Hi!
I've been using Spotify since a while back. I descided to pay through Paypal. It works great.
The thing is that I noticed that spotify and paypal have been taking the same amount each every month.
That means that Im paying double to spotify.
I pay 99 kr per month for this service, not 198 kr. 

Could you please solve this for me? And how do I get the money back?

PS: I talked with paypal support and they referred me spotify to solve this.
Im happy for an answer

BEst regards, Spotifreek

Hi. You possibly managed to create two accounts, one linked to an email address and the other to a username. If you get in touch using the online contact formsomeone at Spotify can help get this sorted. If you get an automated reply directing you back to the community or to the help pages, make sure to reply to it directly (even though it says not to) to speed things along.

I've been charged twice for the last number of months. I logged a support ticket and your support team asked me if I recognised an email address that seemingly was attached to my credit card. I told them I did not recognise the email address, and since then they have not replied. Is there anyone who can acknowledge my support ticket is being looked at? I want the second account to be cancelled (I can't do it, as I can't log in to an account I've never heard of) and an explanation as to why a second account was started pretty much a day after I started my own Spotify account. 

Only the payment team can resolve these issues. Have you tried chasing them for a response by email? How long ago did you send your previous reply by the way?

The case has been open for a week and a half, what worries me is that they were very responsive in the first two days, but as soon as I said I didn't recognise the email address they showed me, they stopped responding. That was a week ago. I understand they need time to look into the issue and resolve it, but I have chased them with multiple emails to ask if they are still looking at it, but I have yet to receive a response. 

Do you have a case number? I'll try to get one of the staff to find something out for you.

Suggested posts