Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Is Student Premium not working?

Is Student Premium not working?

I've been trying for the past hour to update my free account to student premium, however the useless website is refusing to co-operate. After entering my card details and my NUS details, the 'Continue' button, contrary to it's function, refuses to do anything. Eventually, if you click it enough, the website informs you that your details are invalid - actually, they are perfectly correct. 

Has anyone else had this difficulty? I wouldn't be trying to upgrade, only the mobile app is as much use as a chocolate teapot without the premium upgrade.

7 Replies

I've been paying for premium for years now and only just realised i'd been paying full price instead of the student discounted price. When I went to change this I'm being told I'm 'not eligible'. Is this a joke?

Hi there and welcome to the community,

Have you tried using a different browser or incognito mode with cleaned cookies/cache?

What's a Spotify Rock Star, and how do I become one?
Last.fm | Twitter

Backstage Intro - Meet Jordi!
What's it like to be in a Spotify Office?

Did I help? Please add a like!
Did I solve your issue? Please accept as the solution!

I'm having the exact same problem, although when I attempt to put card details in I get an error message saying there is an issue with my bank.  Having tried 3 different bank accounts, all different bank providers... I fail to see this as being a bank related problem.

I've used 4 different computers, 3 different browsers with and without private browsing enabled.  Still no further along with this

Be careful. I tried to do it multiple times and it continuously denied me as a student. My card was charged as if the student account worked and took out 2 student account payments because I tried to make another student account with a different email. I am very upset with spotify.

Same here - my student premium was taken away this month as well, not sure why. I have not tried to mess with the billing info. There is obviously some kind of issue that Spotify needs to fix.

I am a student attending joliet junior college and i will only get premium if i can use my college discount, but it keeps telling me i am not eligible, what is the problem? What makes me not eligible

How do I get a student membership?

Suggested posts