Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Is there a way to send an invitation to friends without using Facebook?

Is there a way to send an invitation to friends without using Facebook?

Without using Facebook, is there a way to send an invitation to friends like a link with my account name attached or something so once they signed up and we will be already connected inside Spotify instead of all the addings?  

In future version, would there be option for adding or inviting people at the People page?  Me and my friends don't really use Facebook so....

Thanks,

6 Replies

You are required to have Facebook to sign up for Spotify so a non-FB invite feature would be kind of pointless.

Ohhh, that's a pity, I didn't know it requires that now....  I guess I  signed up pretty early so I didn't need Facebook account at all back then.  I remember I got the invite in email when Spotify just opened in the US so I thought such invite still exist.

Hope they will re-open for non-FB user in the future build.

Thanks for your reply, Stupify.

It's unlikely they open back up to those without Facebook. The Facebook requirement has been there since September 22nd 2011, over six months ago.

There has been lots of complaints and nothing has been done. They do not care. Losing non-FB customers doesn't seem to be a big deal.

Haha, ya that's cool.  That's their marketing strategy, which is understandable.  Guess I am lucky then.

Yes.  But... what if I want to share my Spotify list with a current Spotify user (a user with an fbook page) without friending them on facebook first?  Sorry there's some people you just want to share music with without getting all up in eachothers facebook jam, no?

I'm sure you're right. Have a read off this tutorial which outlines several options for sharing playlists in different situations.

Suggested posts