Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Linking an existing Spotify account with Facebook app with two different email addresses.

Solved!

Linking an existing Spotify account with Facebook app with two different email addresses.

Hi Spotify,

I have an exisiting spotify free account which I wanted to link to my facebook account. My exsisitng spotify account is set up on a yahoo email address and my facebook account is linked to a gmail account.

When I intall the facebook app it automatically uses the gmail info to setup. I do get a window to login with my spotify account but it returns an error. I now have two spotify accounts - one old one new - I am unable to change the email address to gmail on my old account as my new account has already registered it.

Do I need to delete the new account, change the email details on my old account and then setup the facebook app? Ifso, how do I go about deleting the new account as I can't see where to do this - or can you do this for me?

Many thanks

Kevin

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey there!

Let me first say, i'm not an employee of spotify, but I had the same problem and think I found the solution.

I did the following and it worked for me:

- via browser, log into spotify with you Spotify login.
- up on the right-hand side, click on the drop down next to your name and select "overview".
- upon landing on the overview page, you should see something that says "connect to facebook" on the right (middle) pane.
- enter your FB login credentials and give it a few minutes to merge the two accounts (including friend list).

Good luck and let me know if that works for you!

View solution in original post

9 Replies
Marked as solution

Hey there!

Let me first say, i'm not an employee of spotify, but I had the same problem and think I found the solution.

I did the following and it worked for me:

- via browser, log into spotify with you Spotify login.
- up on the right-hand side, click on the drop down next to your name and select "overview".
- upon landing on the overview page, you should see something that says "connect to facebook" on the right (middle) pane.
- enter your FB login credentials and give it a few minutes to merge the two accounts (including friend list).

Good luck and let me know if that works for you!

Hi there,

I've got the same issue:

I have to account (one Spotify and one Facebook) with two different emails. It seems like I have merged the two of them (although I don't remember doing this), as the "connect to Facebook" option (on the Spotify account) says I have already done it.

Now, no matter which credentials I use, I always end up logged on the "old" Spotify account. Yet, I still cannot change my email address, because "it's already used by another account"...

Same Issue here it just says, "i've already sync'd my acct" 

If you have two accounts, this can fixed by the spotify guys - just get in touch hereIf you get an automated response directing you back to the community or to the help pages, please reply to it to speed things along.

Bump this for an updated solution. This website is a mess. It looks nice but navi is horrendous. I'm having the same problem. in the app

I've gone to file>connect to facebook the I am greeted with a blank pop up and then a blank browser

Same here with that blank screen.
I have even registered on FB with the same e-mail address as here (I already had a FB profile but I don't use Spotify with my real name because reasons), and if I try to log in with FB via browser it says I already have an account with that e-mail address yet it's not synced (for profile picture and stuff).

Edit: found a solution that worked for me, posting as reply to question.

The first solution didn't work for me.
I logged in on play.spotify.com and did the Connect there (from settings, at the bottom left corner) and it worked. Not sure if it's permanent or what's up with it, after a restart, my desktop app got the profile picture from FB too.

Why is this spotify not letting me log in

This didnt work for me 😞

Suggested posts