Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Login failure

Solved!

Login failure

Hi,

I was suddenly thrown out of Spotify.

When I try to logon I get the message that it is the wrong username/password. But that is not the case since I use the Facebook login info. And I am currently logged on to FB. I even tried to log off FB and log on again. No problem there.

What to do?

34 Replies

Have any of you tried signing into Spotify via the Facebook website? 

Once you've signed into the Facebook site select the 'Music' tab on the lefthand side. Then click on any Spotify track--the Spotify app will then launch with your account automatically logged in.

Yes tried that, and it doesn't work. 

freetrader - Without your girlfriend's account details we won't be able to see what's going on here. 

If her details could be emailed to us using the contact form we can keep troubleshooting.

All sorted. Thanks to brilliant customer support from @SpotifyCares. It looks like my FB account got linked with my girlfriend's Spotify account. Her account then got shut (!?), but it's now sorted, and the premium code I gave has been re-issued. So everyone's happy. 

I think that conflicting FB accounts on Spotify (and different controllers talking to different Sonos networks) will be a problem going forward. I'd like to see family groups for both Spotify and Sonos that cover different locations and systems. 

same here

I have the same problem with my Spotify premium account (3-month promo). Yesterday, I was logged out from all my devices (iPad, iPhone & desktop PC). Whenever I tried to login with my email (I don't want to use Facebook to login), it gave me a error message "LOGIN FAILED. Unable to login, either username or password is incorrect. Have you signed up with Spotify yet?  <OK button>". I know my username and password are correct since I was able to login to the Spotify webpage without any problem. I tried resetting my password, but same problem. Please help !!! Thanks ! 

This is happening to me. Spotify is taking forever to fix this.

I'm having the exact same problem. Haven't been able to log in to my premium account for a few days. Support have been no help at all.

absolutly same problem i have today 4rd day and still no answer from twitter,mail etc.. worst i ever seen...right now starting to using soundcloud..when i can fix i ll stop premium acc...

agree....your reply gets p/u and passed around to whatever rep is free...giving you same earlier replies...very frustrating

going to stay with apple music or try some other service

Having the same issues. Won't accept my login even though I've reset the password 3 times. What a joke.

Can't log in..... keeps saying wrong password 

Same issue, I guess this some bug or different logic in App. This is very bad experience. 

I think it's about the network issue, if the network is not available, the app also said wrong username/password.

After I turn on my VPN, it works, I can login.

BTW, I'm from China.

Suggested posts