Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Login with facebbok - Ubuntu

Solved!

Login with facebbok - Ubuntu

Hi,

I registered yesterday on my phone with facebook.

Now I want to login on my laptop that uses Ubuntu. I click the "Login with facebook" button after that my browser brings me an error page.

I tried to log in with the e-mail I registered to fb but then I get error code 3.

I have the newest spotify version (1.0.49.125.g72ee7853) . After I open the program with terminal, it starts but writes this into the terminal - is it connected with the error?

[0627/085537:ERROR:main_delegate.cc(752)] Could not load cef_extensions.pak
[0627/085537:ERROR:main_delegate.cc(752)] Could not load cef_extensions.pak

Can you help me to solve this problem?

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

@user-removed

Don't worry. Once you have this new account, fill out the contact form, and someone from Spotify will be happy to help you migrate your Premium privileges, library, playlists, friends, etc. to this new account.

If you like you can link this new account to your Facebook after the switch too.
osorniosSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

View solution in original post

5 Replies

Hey @KDawid

Can you access Facebook normally in your web browser? I'd suggest to create a new account with a different email address from the one you use for Facebook. That will give you a Spotify username and password, independent of any Facebook account.

That will give you a Spotify username and password, so you won't have to rely on a Facebook account.

Hope it helps. 🙂
osorniosSpotify Star

Hi,

Thank you for helping! Yes, I can log in to facebook in my browser.

I was thinking that register again but without facebook but I read that in this case (besides the playlists could be transfered) I would lost my premium subscription.

Because of this situation, I would prefer a solution which keeps my account connected to facebook.

Marked as solution

@user-removed

Don't worry. Once you have this new account, fill out the contact form, and someone from Spotify will be happy to help you migrate your Premium privileges, library, playlists, friends, etc. to this new account.

If you like you can link this new account to your Facebook after the switch too.
osorniosSpotify Star

Thank you process was successful. It was written on Hungarian support page that I will lost my premium if I would like to transport my account. But it's not true. I chatted with someone from support and helped me. As I see, everithing is working now. 🙂

Nice. Good to know it's all good now. 🙂

osorniosSpotify Star

Suggested posts