Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Looking to connect my Spotify account to a different Facebook account..... HELP.

Solved!

Looking to connect my Spotify account to a different Facebook account..... HELP.

I'm a huge Spotify fan..... but for the past day I have been having issues trying to connect my Spotify account to my NEW different Facebook account. I was one of the lucky few who was able to partake in Spotify's amazingness before they merged with Facebook. At that time I had a different Facebook account, until yesterday, when I decided to delete/deactivate that account and start an alternative page just for my family communication. With all that being said, I want to keep my current Spotify account (with all my playlists to boot). But everytime I log in with my username (Kymboslice) my old Facebook page is reactivated. I tried inputting all my new info but nothing happens. So what am I doing wrong? Ultimately I'm angry at Facebook that I can't just DELETED my old page/account. I mean, seriously? I should have the right to get rid of it. But alas, I didn't make the rules. So I just need help connecting my Spotify account to my NEW Facebook account...... HELP! 🙂  Thanks in advance!

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Marked as solution

32 Replies

Kymboslice - Your 'kymboslice' account isn't connected to any Facebook account, so you should be free to link it up to your new Facebook account.

You can do it in your Spotify by heading to 'Preferences' ('Edit' in Windows, 'Spotify' on a Mac) and scrolling down to 'Social Network'. There will be an option here.

Alternatively, you can connect your Spotify and Facebook inside your account on our website. Just head here: https://www.spotify.com/account/overview/
-------

Check out how we're doing over @SpotifyStatus

Question answered? Just click 'Accept as solution' to help other users out. Easy.

Who's your Spotify Star?

Hey I have the same problem. Some Spotify administrator please answer. I tried to connect Spotify to a different Facebook account but it didn't work. I created my Spotify account before connecting to Facebook was required, but I can't remember my password. I tried getting a new one, but then it says that I'm using Spotify with Facebook so I can't change it.

Please HELP. I'm seriously considering to leave both Spotify and Facebook.

Similar problem...

I just downloaded the Spotify app onto my iPhone. Since I didn't have a facebook account I used my wife's facebook. After I signed in with that, I decided to get my own Facebook. But now I can't seem to unlink my Spotify app on my iPhone from my wife's facebook account. How do I do that so I can link it to my Facebook account?

I did remove the Spodify app from my iPhone and re-installed it. But, it remembered that I had been linked to my wife's facebook account.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

den_sand - It sounds like you might be logged into your wife's facebook account on your iPhone's Facebook application. Pop over to that, log out and then log back into your own profile.

Over in Spotify, click on "More", then "Settings". Click on "Log Out", and then on the Login Screen, select "Login with Facebook. This should connect to your Spotify account created with your Facebook.
Airhorn Enthusiast

I have precisely the same problem (without the wife but needed to change email on my facebook account).

seems if you have messenger app (or facebook app, obviously) it uses this as the signed in status so you have to signout from all these local apps first.

b

Years ago I had a spotify account, way before I had facebook. I just downloaded the spotify app and logged in using my facebook credentials. Only then I recalled I already had an account. Facebook uses a different email address to what I signed up to spotify with. I've now logged into the app using my original spotify credentials and have all my old playlists, however... even though I deleted the app from within facebook, the spotify app tells me facebook is already connected to a spotify account. Help please.

@daiwalker wrote:
Years ago I had a spotify account, way before I had facebook. I just downloaded the spotify app and logged in using my facebook credentials. Only then I recalled I already had an account. Facebook uses a different email address to what I signed up to spotify with. I've now logged into the app using my original spotify credentials and have all my old playlists, however... even though I deleted the app from within facebook, the spotify app tells me facebook is already connected to a spotify account. Help please.

That is strange. 

Drop the team a message using the online contact form and one of their customer services agents will be able to investigate this for you. 

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Daiwalker - If you try and link your old account to Facebook now, it should be ok.
-------

Check out how we're doing over @SpotifyStatus

Question answered? Just click 'Accept as solution' to help other users out. Easy.

Who's your Spotify Star?

1. I have created a new facebook account and want to delete my old one And add my new one.  My old facebook uses the email mark.odonnell@iomart.com. I want to connect my new facebook using the email mark.odonnell@iomart.com. How do I do this?

Sorry my old account uses the email mark.odonnell@hotmail.co.uk and my new account uses mark.odonnell@iomart.com

I am trying to deactivate my current Facebook account which is attached to my spotify account. I have a new facebook account that I would like to link up to my spotify as I am aware that you must have a facebook to have a spotify account. I would like my new blank facebook page to be linked to my spotify account but I want to retain my current playlists etc on my spotify account. I have tried multiple times to make this transition but it simply wont keep my facebook deactivated or it opens up a new spotify and asks if I would like to start over. Can an ADMIN please help me figure out how to transfer my spotify account over so that I can delete my current facebook page. Thank you!

Hey!

Have a look at the tutorial of hammeh here.

It's all explained in detail what you have to do.

@lisareichwein8 wrote:

I am trying to deactivate my current Facebook account which is attached to my spotify account. I have a new facebook account that I would like to link up to my spotify as I am aware that you must have a facebook to have a spotify account. I would like my new blank facebook page to be linked to my spotify account but I want to retain my current playlists etc on my spotify account. I have tried multiple times to make this transition but it simply wont keep my facebook deactivated or it opens up a new spotify and asks if I would like to start over. Can an ADMIN please help me figure out how to transfer my spotify account over so that I can delete my current facebook page. Thank you!

Hey! Welcome to the community 🙂 

Transfering the Facebook account connected to your account varies depending on the type of account you have. 

If you have a dedicated Spotify username and password (created during signup) then you will be able to change the Facebook account attached to your Spotify. Log into the desktop application using your dedicated username and password, then go to Edit (or Spotify on Mac) > Preferences > Social Network > Disconnect from Facebook. You can then Connect to Facebook using the same button. If you can't see this option, it is most likely you have a Spotify account created using Facebook.

If you have a Spotify account created using Facebook, there is no way to transfer your account from one Facebook login to another, so you will need to make a new account. You can do this either by making a new dedicated username and password or by using your new Facebook account from the signup page. In order to move your playlists and if applicable your unlimited/premium subscription over to your new account, have a read at points 3, 4, and 5 on this tutorial.

Peter

Peter

Im experiencing the same issue, if an admin could please remove the connection between my old facebook and my spotify that would be very much appreciated as I want to connect my new facebook instead 🙂 

@Martinewow You need to get in touch using the online contact form. Explain exactly what you require and someone at Spotify will help get things sorted. If you get an automated reply directing you back to the community or to the help pages, make sure to reply to it directly (even though it says not to) to speed things along.

I have an account with spotify that I created with my old facebook. However I don't use that Facebook anymore and now use a new account. I am a premium member and am apart of that via my phone contract, I would like to change my account over to my new facebook which is at trikstamanq@yahoo.co.uk. Is this possible and if so can you help me please I would be very grateful thanks!

@jamesmcampbell - If you get in touch with the customer services team directly using the online contact form they will be able to lend a hand to help you move over. Unfortunately, your partner subscription does make things a little trickier, but the team will be able to offer you the needed guidance to get it sorted out. 

If you get an automated email reply back directing you to the community or help pages, you need to reply directly to that email (even if its from no-reply) and one of the customer services agents will get back to you as soon as possible.

Peter

Hi, i have the same problem. It seems that my spotify avcount is linked to a friend of mine. So her name and friends shows up. How can i fix this?

@Peter wrote:
Log into the desktop application using your dedicated username and password, then go to Edit (or Spotify on Mac) > Preferences > Social Network > Disconnect from Facebook. You can then Connect to Facebook using the same button.

Just follow the steps above and that will do the trick 🙂

--------------------------------------------------------------

For Twitter support, find us at @SpotifyCares.

Follow me on Spotify.

Suggested posts