Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Made a new account to receive student discount. Lost all my playlists on old account

Solved!

Made a new account to receive student discount. Lost all my playlists on old account

I no longer have access to any of the playlists I had made. Here's what eventually led to this..

1. I had a spotify premium account on my personal email which I was paying $10 a month for. I then discovered the student discount and found I was eligible, stopping my premium membership on my personal email account.

2. I noticed that I couldn't link my original spotify account with this new discount (it would re-take me to the student verification page whenever I tried to login from the link I was given to receive the discount). So I decided to create a new account using my university email. 

3. I then linked this account with my facebook account (which was originally linked to my old account). Now I do not have access to my playlists on my old account.

What's even more odd is that all this time I have been unable to login with my new account. Using my new username or my university email does not allow me to login (even though I can guarantee I'm using the correct password). I can only login with my old account, which somehow now has lost all its playlists since I linked my facebook with this new account. The spotify premium discount has also oddly applied to my old account now.

Ideally I just wanted to have the student discount on my old account and keep all my playlists.

EDIT: I can actually login to my account using both my email addresses now. So my original personal account (linked to facebook) and and my new account using my university email (linked to same facebook). I think logging in with either account provides access to the exact same account, so I'm guessing my facebook account is what's linking the two accounts together.

I'm certain that the two accounts have been linked together. If I login using my old email address on the client and click on my facebook picture at the top right to retrieve my account settings, it shows my new email address in my profile.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Okay, it definitely sounds like the support team will have to take a look at your account(s): send them your info through the online contact form.

View solution in original post

8 Replies

You should get in touch using the online contact form, they'll be able to move the music over from your old account. 

I don't think my old account exists anymore. If I login in with my old account and view my account settings by clicking my name at the top right of the client, my profile shows my new email address instead of my old one.

If you sign into your account overview (https://www.spotify.com/us/account/overview/) and click 'Recover Playlists', do you see your old playlists?

No, because it says I haven't deleted any playlists.

Marked as solution

Okay, it definitely sounds like the support team will have to take a look at your account(s): send them your info through the online contact form.

Thanks, I sent out a support ticket.

Okay I think I understand what's going on. My personal email is the one I have on my facebook. So when I login to spotify using my personal email, it's logging in to my facebook account which is now linked to my new account, instead of using my email account to login to my old account.

I luckily managed to find my old account # (129077995) by looking at my friend who had subscribed to one of my playlists. Luckily, the playlist is still there, meaning it was never deleted. I just have no way of actually logging into the old account.

Good, I thought that would be the case. Since your old playlists remain intact in your old account, they'll be able to move it over to your new account.

Hello, 

I also made a new account for students, but they deleted my old account with my playlist...I would like to keep my playlist. Maybe the solution is something really stupid, can you help me? 

Silke B

Suggested posts