Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Many music titles not available in Luxembourg! :(

Many music titles not available in Luxembourg! :(

First of all, I am really happy to see spotify up and running in our "third-world" country Luxembourg... Well done!

Unfortunately lots of titles are unavailable on "OUR" market (which in itself  is already a contra-productive, non-sensical approach, to divide the world of music into markets, music is a universal language, but that is something the labels and publishers will never comprehend and I know you are not to blame for that, on the contrary...).

But it finally presents a caveat to you spotify (and to the users of course), as I and many others don't intend tu subscribe to a platform which offers only "half the service". As other users have alreday mentioned, some of your competitors have more licences to a larger quantity of artists songs (labels), wouldn't it have been more wise to cover this before launching the platform? Please offer some transparent feedback on that matter if you can? Much appreciated!

Marc

3 Replies

@user-removed wrote:

First of all, I am really happy to see spotify up and running in our "third-world" country Luxembourg... Well done!

Unfortunately lots of titles are unavailable on "OUR" market (which in itself  is already a contra-productuve, non-sensical approach, to divide the world of music into markets, music is a universal language, but that is something the labels and publishers will never comprehend and I know you are not to blame for that, on the contrary...).

But it finally presents a caveat to you spotify (and to the users of course), as I and many others don't intend tu subscribe to a platform which offers only "half the service". As other users have alreday mentioned, some of your competitors have more licences to a larger quantity of artists songs (labels), wouldn't it have been more wise to cover this before launching the platform? Please offer some transparent feedback on that matter if you can? Much appreciated!

Marc

Unfortuantely, Spotify can only parner with record labels if the record labels are willing to partner with Spotify.

It is likely that Spotify will get a better amount of songs for your Country in due course 🙂

Of course the labels have to be "financially convinced" to partner up with spotify, but not at any price, because from what I read that is  the biggest problem if spotify or any other streaming service (besides the fruity bunch @ Infinity Loop) ever want to become a profitable business.

Just run a hard course while signing business deals! 🙂

(I know that is easier said than done!)

M.

I'm also very disappointed about the music offer of Spotify in Luxembourg. Most titles I look for are not available. It would be nice if Spotify would do an official statement about that manner because other streaming services have a lot more titles to offer.

Suggested posts