Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Music keeps pausing on all platforms.

Music keeps pausing on all platforms.

My music will only play for maybe 20 to 30 seconds before pausing. It's like spotify is trying to play from another device and pauses the music. I've tried the "sign out everywhere" button multiple times, deleted any link to any other devices and the problem is still there. This happens on windows 10, android and sonos. I've looked everywhere and cannot find a fix. Everything is good and up to date. 

7 Replies

Hi there!

I think this should help with your problem: https://community.spotify.com/t5/Spotify-Answers/Why-does-Spotify-keep-pausing-why-does-the-music-st...

Hopefully your problem gets fixed!

hey,

maybe you could try deleting and then reinstalling Spotify or try to find an update.

Hey there @Kaliperwolfsky,

Thank you for your post here in the Community. We're happy to help.

We suggest that you head over to this article and follow the steps you haven't performed yet to see if the issue persists after you've completed them. 

Let us know how everything goes so that we can continue to assist you if you need us to. We're always one reply away.

Take care!

JeremyModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Live, love, laugh and listen to music 🙂

I am also having the same problem...

Spotify stops even in downloaded songs, if I turn off phone and simply hit play on a Sonos speaker,  songs start, then continue to pause randomly...

About to cancel my premium service, this has been an issue for 6 months or so...

Hey there @Jccburt

Thanks for reaching out here in the Community 🙂

We're sorry to hear that you've been having this issue. Would you mind letting us know if you've already tried any troubleshooting? This will help us give you better suggestions. 

Also, let us know the make, model, OS version and Spotify version running on the devices in which you're having trouble. 

We'll be on the lookout for your reply. 

NovyModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a "Like".
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

I've tried restarts of course, reinstall, password changes, logging out on
all devices etc.

I believe I've tried them all...

Thanks for the help...

Hey there @Jccburt!

Thanks for trying all those steps. Sorry to hear they did not solve this for you.

You could continue your troubleshooting by logging in on your Account page and going to ''Apps'' in the menu on the left side.

There you can see all third party apps that are connected to your account and we'd recommend that you "Remove Access" for the apps that you don't recognize.

It's also a good idea to clear your cache with the steps here

Lastly, if you could let us know the devices this is happening on and their Spotify and OS versions as Novy asked above, we'd be happy to investigate further.

Let us know how it goes! We'll be here if you have any questions.

ElenaModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts