Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

My Premium just switched to FREE yet I never cancelled my subscription.

My Premium just switched to FREE yet I never cancelled my subscription.

Any idea what happened? Now it's asking me to sign up again for $12.99 / month instead of what I've been paying forever.
4 Replies

Hi there and welcome to the community,

Does it help when you logout / back in? Are you logging in by Facebook? If yes, then try filling in your credentials in the username / password fields.

What's a Spotify Rock Star, and how do I become one?
Last.fm | Twitter

Backstage Intro - Meet Jordi!
What's it like to be in a Spotify Office?

Did I help? Please add a like!
Did I solve your issue? Please accept as the solution!

I have the exact same issue...

I've logged off, and back on. Did it on all devices. Reinstalled the app... Nothing changes.

It only says that I'm on Spotify Free but at the same time, I'm in the middle of my Premium subsciption, according to my receipt.

So, what now?

Me too. It is disrespectful with clients like us. Besides, my payment is been charged.

Ok so I think I know what happened on my account.  Back in December I received a Spotify gift card, and I applied it to my account.  My Spotify account must have switched payment methods automatically after I entered the gift card.  Unbeknownst to me, the gift card total just ran out.  I just assumed it would apply it to my account, and when it ran out, would continue with the monthly payments that I signed up for a while back.  If it automatically changes the payment method, that should be fixed.  I will not apply Spotify gift cards to my account again.  

That's the only explanation I can surmise.  I just signed back up with Premium through spotify.com for the regular $9.99 and all is right with the world again.  Don't ever leave me like that again Spotify.   It hurt my heart.   

Thanks,
Mark

Suggested posts