Family

Country

Germany

Device

(iPhone 13)

Operating System

All

My Question or Issue

After my divorce my daughter moved to my household. Her mother (my ex) has terminated my daughter’s account. Now she can not join my family account but is blocked for a year. Is there any possibility to solve this?

5 Replies

Hey @Babywal,

Thanks for reaching out.

Please share the exact error message she's seeing 🙂

MaximSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Dear Maxim,

Thank you for your answer. From my perspective the problem is that my daughter was part of my ex's familiy plan until termination/divorce. Please find a screenshot attached.

Spotify.jpg

Hey @Babywal,

Thanks for sharing a screenshot of the error message.

The fact that your daughter was a part of the Premium Family plan of your ex doesn't necessarily have to be the cause of this error message.

Each Spotify account can change from one Premium Family/Duo plan to another every 12 months.

The fact that your daughter is seeing that error message means that she has already been part of at least two plans in the past.

So she was first part of the plan of someone and then joined the plan of your ex, which means that she now, unfortunately, has to wait until the 12 months have passed since the date she last switched plans.

If she doesn't want to wait, she can get one of the Premium plans or use a different account.

I hope this clears things up a bit 🙂

MaximSpotify Star

• Thank you for your again very swift answer.
  •  Just spoke with my daughter. My ex changed her account herself and invited my daughter. 
    so my daughter had two plans with my ex. And therefore, she can’t take her playlists to my new family account?
  •  Is there any way to ask Spotify for a goodwill decision on this?

Hey again @Babywal,

Thanks for getting back.

Even if the same individual changes their main account, it still counts as one switch, unfortunately (as it is a different account after all).

If your daughter decides to create a new account to join your plan, she can follow the steps explained here to transfer her playlists to a new account.

Lastly, there can, unfortunately, no exceptions be made to the 12-months policy.

I hope this helps 🙂

MaximSpotify Star

Suggested posts