Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

My premium account won't open

My premium account won't open

Hi, 

I've got two accounts: one that is linked to my Facebook account and that is for free, but I don't use that. The other accout is linked to my emailadress and is premium, but for some reason I'm not able to log into my premium account: My laptop automatically logs me onto the free (empty) account and on my phone it says: you can't log in through email, because your account is linked to Facebook.

This means I cannot use my premium and don't have acces to my music.

Pleas help?

Does anyone know where I can contact spotify, seen as I am paying for a service I am not receiving? 

3 Replies

Hey @user-removed

Do you get email receipts for your subscription purchases? Search for one of them in your email account. In it, the Spotify username you're paying for is shown:

Username/ID:        xxxxxxx

Login with that username to the website to check the status of your subscription, and your receipts.

If everything looks ok, logout of the app in your device, and be sure to use that username, instead of your email address, to login to your account. It's the one with the Premium features.

Hope it helps. 🙂

osorniosSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

same thing going on with me, but with my iphone.  had a free account long ago, got a premium account long after that account was created.  iphone randomly logged me out, and when I tried to sign on again, it automatically uses the old free account. unfortunately both my accounts were created using facebook, but the one that i pay for cannot be activated.  3rd time this has happened.

My suggestion would be for you to create a new account with a different email address from the one you use for Facebook. That will give you a Spotify username, so you won't have to rely on Facebook to login.

Once you've made it, fill out the contact form and someone from Spotify will help you migrate your Premium privileges (if you have them), library, playlists, friends, etc. to this new account.

If you like you can link this new account to your Facebook again, but now you won't have to rely in the Facebook login process, since you'll have your very own Spotify username.

osorniosSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Suggested posts