Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Old username/new username - HELP

Old username/new username - HELP

I have been using the same username and account profile for YEARS.  Now all of the sudden I have a number for a username, but none of my saved playlists or anything transferred to this new username.  I'm confused and need help.

Thank you. 

Macbook Air

iphone 7

7 Replies

Hey there @user-removed, help's arrived!

Are you able to return to your original account by logging out of your new account > logging in again using your old credentials? If so, it might be that you've accidentally created a new account 🙂

Let me know how it goes!

Do you have an Artist profile and a personal profile? If so, it may be because in the past artist and personal profiles were aggregated. There may have been trouble aggregating since the app and platform have upgraded.

If not,

Try logging into browser on computer and see if you are experiencing the same error.

Here to help,

Jordan

I have the same problem, here a video when i try to loggin and the platform close my account =( 

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Iq9qQ7d0cmf_14P4ov6_RhkKu_egY0X5/view?usp=sharing

Thanks for that @alfrelooopez!

Would you be able to create a new thread in the Accounts board? I'd be happy to help you, but it doesn't seem to be the same issue 🙂

Please ItsPugle help me, i need close the old account but i can't, i think someone hacked my old account, and this account is premium 😞 sorry for my english im from Chile

I hear you @alfrelooopez,

Sorry to hear that you think someone else has gained access to your Spotify account. Check out this Spotify Answer for the next steps to take.

Thanks!

Did you disconnect your Facebook account from your Spotify account by any chance? If so, that would change your username (display name) to just numbers.

Suggested posts