Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

PS4 claims Spotify is "already linked" glitch

Solved!

PS4 claims Spotify is "already linked" glitch

Hey, I'm getting really frustrated. Here's the deal:

- I logged in to spotify on my husband's profile. 

- I made my own profile.

- I logged out of spotify on his profile and logged in on my profile.

- Next time I go to spotify on my profile, it's logged out.

- Spotify won't let me log in on either profile, claiming it's already linked to another playstation network.

So, that means there's no other account to log out of, which is the only way I could "unlink" it myself. I've also tried deleting and redownloading the app. I've gone to playstation chat support, and they told me only spotify could unlink it. So I emailed spotify, and have gotten an email that they see my problem, but I don't know if they'll actually keep in touch. 

Has anybody actually figured this out?? Or is there a spotify representative around who I can ask to unlink it for me? 

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

I was able to solve my own problem! Go to playstation support's live chat. They can unlink spotify from your playstation network! 

Note that I had to go through chat twice. The first guy was no help. But the second guy actually went into my account to get the job done. So if they tell you they can't do it, just try again with a different agent. 

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Marked as solution

I was able to solve my own problem! Go to playstation support's live chat. They can unlink spotify from your playstation network! 

Note that I had to go through chat twice. The first guy was no help. But the second guy actually went into my account to get the job done. So if they tell you they can't do it, just try again with a different agent. 

If ur from norway spotify dont like you. They dont want to unlink ur account. 

Well if you have a PlayStation 3 and have Spotify linked to that system as well could be the problem for this "glitch" because I signed out on my PS3 that was a different account and went back to the ps4 with my primary account and it let me log in. Make sure that when you log in, that your account isn't logged into any other PlayStation device or profile. Over all I think PlayStation will only let you have an account on only one system one profile. Hopefully this helped

Suggested posts