Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

PayPal asks for Creditcard

PayPal asks for Creditcard

Hi!

i dont have a creditcard
But i have a PayPal account with money on it.

Everytime i want to pay, PayPal asks for my creditcard.
i press the butten for a other way to pay and PayPal shows Saldo:
And there is no amount after Saldo?

I want premium! But PayPal wont work with me 😞

Can someone please help?

Im from the netherlands 😉

greetz
Roy

10 Replies

Hey Roy,

Your Paypal account must be linked to a credit card in order to use Spotify, I'm afraid.

If this is a problem then you could try purchasing a gift card from a shop to get your subscription going. Details here: http://www.spotify.com/nl/gift-card/
Check out our Twitter for the latest updates on any service issues: @Spotifystatus

Problem solved? Click 'Accept as solution' to make it easier to find for others!

New to the Community? Check out our Community newbie tips

are you sure? my girlfriend had the same problem today, it didn't work for the same reason... but i use spotify premium for months now - and i pay with paypal WITHOUT a credit card... a solution would be cool, she wants a premium account too... thanks for your help!

oh, spotify austria btw

I am pretty sure that the Paypal needs to be linked to a credit card for some reason or other.

But it's also worth checking the Paypal requirements, as explained in our FAQs here: https://www.spotify.com/help/faq/payment/why-is-my-subscription-payment-declined
Check out our Twitter for the latest updates on any service issues: @Spotifystatus

Problem solved? Click 'Accept as solution' to make it easier to find for others!

New to the Community? Check out our Community newbie tips

but thats so strange... as i said - i use paypal premium for months now and i have no credit card... it just works fine with paypal without a credit card...
we've checked the paypal requirements yestsrday and everything seems fine, just like my account... but it always asks for the credit card when she tries to sign up 😞

When you signed?

In paypal all users should have a Credic card if you want to purchase Spotify.

i joined november 2011... i don't see a reason to own a credit card for that... you just have to make shure that there's always enough money on your paypal account to pay for spotify... that's it...

Spotify is not that simple... Because Spotify need a good way to confirm that user is in Spotify country. Without Credit Card Spotify can not confirm this. And as we all know, I am speaking as Spotify user, Spotify is not available in whole world - just in some countries. So Credit Card is must have.

I do not know how you signed without this. As I know in Spotify gift cards (at some stores or in Spotify.com) user do not need a credit card. Because all those Gift cards are confirmed to Spotify country. In Spotify.com Gift card you or someone purchase it for you with Credit card in Spotify country and at store this is in Gift card itself.

So maybe you purchase Spotify one of this way?

The good news for us in Finalnd is that Spotify is now available in R-Kioski - everywhere in Finland. So if you are for example Russian or Estonian turist... welcome to Finland! You can buy Gift cards in R-Kioski and this Gift card can be redeemed everywhere!!! You get Finland account and finnish music catalogue. Currently in Finland catalogue in Spotify 16000000 songs.

no, i don't use giftcards... i just use paypal... so i guess i'm a lucky one... sad for my girlfriend and a lot of my friends... no one has a credit card - so probably no one will be able to pay for / use spotify...

problem solved. first my girlfriend had only €16,- on her paypal account - it didn't work, paypal always asked for creditcard. now she sent €100,- from her bank account to her paypal account and tried it again. worked fine... now she's signed up and can finally use spotify premium.

oh, and by the way - giftcards are'nt available here in austria. just sayin'

Suggested posts