Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Payment problem

Payment problem

Hi,

I have recently moved to Germany and started using Spotify. I would like to get premium but I have a problem.

My German card is a Maestro and it can't be used to buy stuff online or to make payments. And since I am from Croatia, I can't set the country to Croatia ( its not listed ) and I can't pay with my Croatian account.

The 2nd situation is my girlfriends. She has moved from Finland to Germany, she doesn't have a German card yet, and she also can't get premium...

So is there any other way to actually buy the premium account in Germany ? Why dont you want to take our money Spotify? 😞

8 Replies

Hi there!

We'd love to have you as a Premium subscriber. However, Spotify currently does not accept Maestro cards. You should be able to pay for Premium with any supported card that matches your location (VISA, MasterCard, etc.)

If these aren't available to you, you may be able to purchase a physical Spotify gift card if it's available at local retailers.

We hope to see you go Premium soon. 🙂

- Chris.

Not all stars are composed of rock.
What's a Spotify Rock Star, and how do I become one?

Your Spotify profile country and registered payment card country must match, which can be annoying in situations such as yours!

Your girlfriend can probably subscribe using a payment card from Finland as she can use it to change the country on her account and then subscribe as if in Finland.

As for other payment methods, Spotify gift cards are available in quite a few stores in Germany, so you could pick one up in town:
https://www.spotify.com/de/gift-card/

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Thank you very much , I will check some of the major tech shops here for the gift card.

@Peter__ Couldn't they use Paypal? 🙂

If this solved your issue - Mark it as a solution! If you like my post - Please add Kudos!

What's a Spotify Rock Star, and how do I become one?!
Follow me: Snapchat | Twitter | I'm a Blackstar!

In general, yes. However, in this particular case, I'm not certain it'll help. Quoting the Spotify troubleshooting manual:

Your PayPal account must be linked to a credit card and set to the same country as your Spotify account.

- Chris.

Not all stars are composed of rock.
What's a Spotify Rock Star, and how do I become one?

Oh right! Best not use paypal then 🙂

If this solved your issue - Mark it as a solution! If you like my post - Please add Kudos!

What's a Spotify Rock Star, and how do I become one?!
Follow me: Snapchat | Twitter | I'm a Blackstar!

+ Even with PayPal, the registered address still needs to match the country set on your Spotify account. 😉

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Yea we tried 2 paypal accounts, from Croatia and Finland, didnt work. We are just gonna search for the gift cards

Suggested posts