Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Phone still connected to a non-working account

Phone still connected to a non-working account

Ok, so I was trying to connect my main spotify account to my main facebook account. I didn't know my main facebook account had a spotify account connected to it. I changed my main facebook's email address to my main spotify's email which was connected to another facebook. This deleted my old facebook account that was connected to my main spotify account and every time I tried to log in with that email it brought me to my old spotify account (not my main one) . This is a problem because my main spotify has all of my music and its a premium account. My spotify account isn't completely deleted because I'm still connected to the premium account with my phone. If anyone could help that would be great!

7 Replies

Hi LandyTaylor - Have you tried linking your Facebook to your main account via your Preferences Page: Edit > Preferences (in Windows) or Spotify > Preferences (in Mac)

You can then disconnect that Facebook later if you'd like. That step will effectively remove the extra FB account you have with us though. 

I forgot to mention I cannot connect to my main spotify account from my computer. I can only use it on my phone.

Do you mind posting your Spotify username for your main account so I can take a look?

If you're more comfortable, you can fill out the contact form. We can then confirm more details and troubleshoot via email. 

I never had a username . I have a set of numbers sent to me when I bought premium but it was connected to my facebook email. Will my facebook email work?

Ah I see. I'm sure we can sort this out. But we'll need to go through the contact form so we can confirm more details. 

From there our CS team can definitely lend a hand. Just be sure to reply again if you receive an automated message directing you to the forums. 

to go to the contact forum i need to log in... i can not log in. when i try to retrieve the password and username it says my account is conncted to my facebook and to change the password on my facebook... the facebook account has been deleted

If you go to the contact form you should see three options. Please select "Would you like to contact us before creating a Spotify account?"

You can then write to us  using any email address. I'm sure we'll be able to help from there. 

Suggested posts