Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Accounts

Get help with logging in, passwords, and account settings.

Start a topic

Forum Posts

How to Prevent Third-Party Apps from Misusing Your Spotify Account

I recently discovered that a third-party app was using some Spotify accounts to sell streams, and this led me to understand the importance of managing third-party apps' access to my account. Here is how you can prevent this from happening to you. Fir...

• Rising Star 3
  • Rising Star 3
  • 0 replies
  • 5 likes
  • Security
  • 0 replies
  • 5 likes

Solved!! Spotify friends activity empty/not updating

PlanPremiumCountryFinlandDevicePcOperating SystemWindows 10 My Question or IssueFor several months (pretty much years at this point), my Spotify friends feed has not been updating, it only shows 1 friend I have, while it should have a dozen others. T...

• Casual Listener
  • CeliMaga
  • Casual Listener
  • 967 replies
  • 108 likes
  • Account
  • 967 replies
  • 108 likes

Solved!! How can i change my my spotify username?

Hi! This is probably been asked a lot before, but I could not find exactly what I was looking for. I got my spotify account some years ago, and I made my account through facebook. My problem is that I really want to connect spotify to other devises e...

• Not applicable
  • 119 replies
  • 116 likes
  • Account
  • 119 replies
  • 116 likes

Solved!! Unknown people logging in

My Question or IssueI have got four emails over the past two days about people from other countries logging into my spotify account. I am from Australia and I have had people from the United States, Russia, Finland and Israel log in to my account. Af...

• Casual Listener
  • Hobbit70
  • Visitor
  • 70 replies
  • 11 likes
  • Account
    Login
    Premium
  • 70 replies
  • 11 likes

Spotify Premium not working!

Didnt know I had my old card hooked to my spotify account so when I missed a payment my spotify went back to the free version. I changed the card on my account and payed for premium again. Got the reciept and everything but my spotify is still the fr...

• Didnt know I had my old card hooked to my spotify account so when I missed a payment my spotify went back to the free version. I changed the card on my account and payed for premium again. Got the re...
  • Peter__
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Bought premium, but can't use premium features?

I bought premium about a half hour ago, but the desktop app nor the Android app is letting me use preium features.

• Casual Listener
  • I bought premium about a half hour ago, but the desktop app nor the Android app is letting me use preium features. 
  • Peter__
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Premium and Playlists Gone

Got into the car this morning to find all of my playlists and premium subscription gone. I never expected such a problem with a service that I pay $9.99 a month for, please fix this, I'm quite irritated and will cancel my sub without hesitation if th...

• Casual Listener
  • Got into the car this morning to find all of my playlists and premium subscription gone. I never expected such a problem with a service that I pay $9.99 a month for, please fix this, I'm quite irrita...
  • Peter__
  • Community Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

iPad

Hi there, i subscribed to Spotify Unlimited and then realized i can access the service on my ipad so i upgraded to Premium, but when i select a track on my ipad i get a pop up telling me i need premium. I checked my account and it says i have premium...

• Hi there, i subscribed to Spotify Unlimited and then realized i can access the service on my ipad so i upgraded to Premium, but when i select a track on my ipad i get a pop up telling me i need premi...
  • Peter__
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! spotify premium not working on my phone

I redeemed my premium code on my computer but when I try to use it on my phone it says "only premium members can stream on demand." I have uninstalled/reinstlled the app, logged out and back in using my facebook account (this is the one with premium)...

• Casual Listener
  • I redeemed my premium code on my computer but when I try to use it on my phone it says "only premium members can stream on demand." I have uninstalled/reinstlled the app, logged out and back in using...
  • lyy0077
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

All playlists have disappeared.

I tried logging into spotify from my phone, and when it logged in, all my playlists were gone, and when I checked my laptop spotify, all playlists were gone from there aswell. Does anyone have any solutions to this problem?

• Casual Listener
  • I tried logging into spotify from my phone, and when it logged in, all my playlists were gone, and when I checked my laptop spotify, all playlists were gone from there aswell. Does anyone have any so...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Deleted Facebook Accout... But where is my subscription?

Hi there, i deleted my old Facebook account and now there is no possibility to login again. Now my subscription is running. Can you add my old account to my new one? It is the same e-mail like before. Thank you!

• Visitor
  • Hi there,   i deleted my old Facebook account and now there is no possibility to login again. Now my subscription is running. Can you add my old account to my new one? It is the same e-mai...
  • Peter__
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! I have paid but I can't listen?

Hello! Can you pleae help me? I have paid for Spotify premium but I can't connect it with my facebook. I can see in my account that I have paid and they have take my money but it dosen't work. What shall I do?

• Casual Listener
  • Hello! Can you pleae help me? I have paid for Spotify premium but I can't connect it with my facebook. I can see in my account that I have paid and they have take my money but it dosen't work. ...
  • Peter__
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Profile picture missing + wrong username

Hi, I just updated to the latest version of Spotify. It looks good, but I can't get the social function to work properly. My profile picture and name is pulled from Facebook and looks good in the upper right corner when I'm browsing in the client, bu...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi,   I just updated to the latest version of Spotify. It looks good, but I can't get the social function to work properly. My profile picture and name is pulled from Facebook and looks go...
  • mygoodness
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! I upgraded to Premium but it wont let me switch to high quality playback

I was a premium subscriber, my card expired so after a few days I inputed a new number. It says I am a premium subscriber but when I try to switch to high quality playback it tells me to upgrade to premium! I have tried to log in and out a few times....

• I was a premium subscriber, my card expired so after a few days I inputed a new number. It says I am a premium subscriber but when I try to switch to high quality playback it tells me to upgrade to p...
  • TRuss
  • Casual Listener
  • 8 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 8 replies
  • 0 likes

leave me alone!!!

I think this may be the only way to get it done. Please remove me from your mailing lists. I've unsubscribed on every email I get, changed my email preferences, even emailed spotify support and nothing has happened. Please, whoever moderates here, ca...

• Casual Listener
  • I think this may be the only way to get it done.  Please remove me from your mailing lists.  I've unsubscribed on every email I get, changed my email preferences, even emailed spotify suppo...
  • Peter__
  • Community Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Premium not working :(

Just downloaded premium on my phone, I tried the free trial and loved it so got it once the trial ran out. It's not working though, I have literally done it though. How long does it take to start working?

• Casual Listener
  • Just downloaded premium on my phone, I tried the free trial and loved it so got it once the trial ran out. It's not working though, I have literally done it though. How long does it take to start wor...
  • tambo01
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Forgot my password to spotify and the e-mail account is closed?

I have forgotten my Spotify password and the e-mail account connected to the account is closed. What to do? Jonas

• I have forgotten my Spotify password and the e-mail account connected to the account is closed.   What to do?   Jonas
  • Peter__
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! just upgraded

to premium using NUS extra card paid the £4.99 got the receipt Items bought: 1 month (Spotify Premium)Item price: £4.16VAT 20.0%: £0.83Total: £4.99 then got another receipt saying Items bought: 1 month (Spotify Premium)Item price: £8.32VAT 20.0%: £1....

• to premium using NUS extra card paid the £4.99 got the receipt    Items bought: 1 month (Spotify Premium) Item price: £4.16 VAT 20.0%: £0.83 Total: £4.99   then got another ...
  • Peter__
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! mobile premium

I just upgraded my acount to premium about a hour ago on my galaxy nexus and it will not let me stream songs still, is there a time frame when it will change? I bought it just for the mobile use and it will not recognize my premium acount. I have log...

• I just upgraded my acount to premium about a hour ago on my galaxy nexus and it will not let me stream songs still, is there a time frame when it will change? I bought it just for the mobile use and ...
  • Peter__
  • Community Legend
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Playlist deleted

Hi I had the free trail on spotify and had a upgrade, I have had a card issue to pay for the services and my card failed a few times but all off a sudden my playlist is deleted and I can not access nothing on spotify again wht is this and why can't I...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi I had the free trail on spotify and had a upgrade, I have had a card issue to pay for the services and my card failed a few times but all off a sudden my playlist is deleted and I can not access n...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify Premium wont update

I bought a premium card today and I have activated it, but it will not update on my computer or mobile .. I've tried to re-install it and re-start my pc, but it wont work .. Please hope some peepz has the answer! : *)

• Casual Listener
  • I bought a premium card today and I have activated it, but it will not update on my computer or mobile .. I've tried to re-install it and re-start my pc, but it wont work .. Please  hope some pe...
  • thekalle95
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

No free trial, yet account says I have 48hrs

Using a tablet, logged in via Facebook, on web browser states I have 48 hrs/ till Jan 31st of a free trial, if I try to listen to a song, it tells me I need to upgrade to premium. Any help? I'd been considering the 30 day trial but unwilling to give ...

• Casual Listener
  • Using a tablet, logged in via Facebook, on web browser states I have 48 hrs/ till Jan 31st of a free trial, if I try to listen to a song, it tells me I need to upgrade to premium. Any help? I'd been ...
  • runewarden
  • Casual Listener
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

error trying to unsub from "People subscribe to your playlists"

Whenever I try to unsubscribe from the "People subscribe to your playlists" option, I get an error at the top of the page "Sorry, unhandled error". You should fix that.

• Casual Listener
  • Whenever I try to unsubscribe from the "People subscribe to your playlists" option, I get an error at the top of the page "Sorry, unhandled error".   You should fix that.
  • swandz
  • 4 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 1 likes

Bug that resulted in 1100 Danish Krones lose...

Hey Spotify! a bit over a year ago something beutifull happened. I paid for premium and it was fantastic! Then my brother took on vacation and borrowed my account the 1 week he was away. (Used online mode so he could listen to music without getting c...

• Hey Spotify! a bit over a year ago something beutifull happened. I paid for premium and it was fantastic! Then my brother took on vacation and borrowed my account the 1 week he was away. (Used onli...
  • Peter__
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes