Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Playlists, Premium Access, Account / Payment Details Vanished After Removing From Facebook

Playlists, Premium Access, Account / Payment Details Vanished After Removing From Facebook

A few days ago I tried to remove the Spotify App from my Facebook account because I was annoyed of seeing it in the Recent Activity box (even though I already made sure in my Spotify Preferences not to show it).  Right after that, I was asked to log back in to the Spotify App and all my playlists and followers were gone.  I was then asked to sign-up for Premium even though I've been paying for it for well over a year.

What should I do now?

14 Replies

And yes, I emailed Spotify about this over 48hours ago.

Did you receive an automated response to your submitted contact form?

Yep, I did.

If it didn't refer you back to the community or the FAQs, someone from the customer service staff will be in touch. Post the case number here if you haven't heard anything tomorrow. If the response directed you back to the community, please reply to that to speed things along.

It actually did refer me here.  I emailed the no-reply email back though I'm not expecting much given it's a no-reply address.

That should do the trick, its counter-intuitive but that should push your case into the system to an advisor. 

If you don't hear anything within the next 24 hours, let us know your case number here and we can ask the team to check it out for you. 

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Hi,

It looks like your account has created a duplicate - this is preventing you from logging into your main account.  This is an easy fix, but it needs to be done via the support team for tracking (yadda yadda). 

In the meantime, I have copied over the playlists for you - this will at least let you listen to your favourite tunes whilst you wait for the fix.

I just got my playlists back after re-logging, which is a relief, but Spotify doesn't seem to recognize me as a Premium memeber anymore. 

Thanks Calvin! Just read your message!

No problem.  I have also popped a code onto that account.  It will give you Premium until we remove the duplicate and then restore you back to your normal subscription.

Dan,

I have replied to your case - the duplicate account has now been removed.  You just need to follow the link in the case and relink your FB to Spotify.

Thanks, Calvin.  I just emailed you back.  For some reason when I log in now Spotify won't get out of Offline mode on any of my devices.  The playlists are there though.

It looks like the problem has happened again - your FB account has attached again to a new account.  I assume that you tried to login to the previous duplicate after I had removed it - the problem with differing timezones.  

If you remember the password that you set with the link that I sent, you should be able to repair it now.  Please use the username 1235419371 and that password to login to www.spotify.com/account/profile.  Then try linking your FB account.

Got the same problem. Can you help me, Calvin?

Suggested posts