Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Playlists have disappeared

Playlists have disappeared

I set up a second account for a weekend project, then tried logging back into my original account to copy some playlists over. Ran into a few login issues but was finally able to get back into my account. When I did it asked for SMS password confirmation via Facebook (from my security settings) and I could see all of my playlists but could not play anything. Once I logged out and back in (after several failed attempts) all of my playlists were gone and it acted as if I was a new user. My friend, who subscribed to several of my playlists, can still see them but I cannot. I had several private lists as well and I'd like to get access to them again. I opened a ticket and am waiting for a response, but this seems to be the quickest way to receive support. 

Thank you in advance for any help.

7 Replies

Hey! Welcome to the community 🙂 

It sounds like your Facebook might have become disconnected from your Spotify account if you created a Spotify username style account when you first registered for the service. If that is the case the steps here should get you back to your playlists and correct account. 

If not, then you have already got in touch with the right people. 🙂 

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Peter,

Thanks for the response. Unfortunately I don't see the Social Network section in the preferences menu. It appears that my account is still connected to my Facebook (as it was before). There was also an option to manually connect to Facebook through Spotify's account management webpage but it says that my account is already tied.

You will only see the social networking option if you are logged into a Spotify account (rather than a Facebook one). Have you tried logging out and back in again using your Spotify username not your email address? 

Peter

Peter

My username is a string of 10 numbers which I never recall setting up. I think this is because I set my account up via Facebook and it has auto-lgged in ever since. When I use that string (my username) and a different password it logs in but shows the same as with my Facebook login (none of my playlists).

Use the online contact form and someone at Spotify can help get this sorted. If you get an automated reply, make sure to reply to it directly (even though it says not to) to speed things along.

Joe,

I have already submitted a ticket, as explained in my original post. I have yet to hear back so I will try replying to the email per your suggestion.

If you let us know your case number here (its in the first automated reply) we can ask the team to chase it up for you. 

Peter

Peter

Suggested posts