Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Possible to pay for a friend?

Possible to pay for a friend?

Hello spotify community,

I wanted to give an unlimited account to a friend as a christmas gift. Since there are only premium gift cards available I was wondering if it is possible to pay with my paypal account for my friend? She doesn't have paypal nor credit card. 

Thanks for the info.

5 Replies

Hey! Welcome to the community 🙂 

I see no reason you couldn't do that, as long as your paypal account is verified and registered in the same country as your friends Spotify profile. It is not advicable however, as you have no way to cancel the subscription without logging into your friends account. 

In some regions, gift cards which can be used for unlimited are available from high street retailers check out this page for details.

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

couldn't I just cancel the subscription within paypal, to not allow the monthly spotify charge?

Unfortunately here in Germany the unlimited gift cards are not (yet) available.

I guess you could do it that way, if PayPal allow you to. 

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

I was thinking about the same as Tony. Gifting 1 month unlimited to my sister since she wouldn't use a mobile device anyway.

No gift cards available here but I could log in her account to cancel so that shouldn't be a problem.

What I wonder is, if I can pay with the same PayPal account that I'm using for my account?

Or is it like the email, only 1 payment information linked to 1 account?

Well, spotify-team this is where you should join in and explain the situation  🙂

Suggested posts