Premium dropped to free? Post Here

Premium dropped to free? Post Here

bruce3519

UPDATE FROM SPOTIFY STAFF:

Hey everyone, we're aware that some of our Premium customers may currently be receiving the Free service instead of Premium. 

We're very sorry about this and we're working hard to solve this as quickly as possible. 

Original user message:

I have Spotify Premium but today it went back to free. I logged onto my account online and saw that I could subscribe to upgrade to premium but when I hit the subscribe button nothing happened. Is this an error with Spotify itself? Is there a number I can call to talk to someone from the company? 

Screen Shot 2015-03-27 at 8.24.11 PM.png
513 Replies

TCRegan
Casual Listener

Replying to say I have this exact same issue and no resolution yet.

LValla
Casual Listener

I'm having the same exact issue... help!

mocoso186

I have the same issue!!!

alexkoast

hello,

im having the exact same issue. Ive been using spotify premium for several months now. I tried to go back into Online mode to add more songs but was notified I need to upgrade to Spotify premium! What am I paying for if I dont have access and need to redownload all my music again?!? my spotify username is alex.koast

crazzyt9
Regular

I Find comfort knowing I'm not the only one with this issue, however it's still very irritating not to be able to link my devices (or even at this point swipe to the next song...)

Inkynic
Casual Listener

exactly the same problems - getting very frustrated with ads...mine expires tomorrow but have been subscribed since last June. 

Inkynic
Casual Listener

I have exactly the same problem - getting very frustrated with ads...mine expires tomorrow but have been subscribed since last June. 

darksider415

I'm having the same issue, over here. This is really frustrating, especially since I listen in the car, and bought my subscription specifically so I wouldn't have to hear ads while driving... 

MattSuda
Rock Star 24
Rock Star 24

Hey guys!

I suggest you contact support so they can help you

https://www.spotify.com/about-us/contact/contact-spotify-support/

If you get an automated reply email telling you to check the help section or the community, you need to reply back to it, even if it's from a no-reply address.

Support usually replies within 24-48 hours.

You can also tweet to @SpotifyCares on Twitter for help.

MattSudaRock Star 24
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

TCRegan
Casual Listener

As much as your form letter reply is appreciated, I'm sure everyone's tried that.

I've already tweeted three times at their twitter and filled out two forms, as well as scoured this forum for answers, trying all the suggestions.

This is simply another way for us to tug on Spotify's shirtsleeves to correct an issue, or at the very least, acknowledge and address a problem that their paying customers are experiencing.

elgambitero

Same here! Exactly the same screenshot.

They haven't charged me the next month yet.

JansenB
Casual Listener

Hi

I have a valid premium account but the client tells me that I only have the free version...

If I look into my account it tells me that my premium is valid till 2015-03-29.

I tried relogin and reinstalling but it won't help.

I also send a request with the contact formular but I'm only getting an automatic reply so I'm asking here.

What can I do to get my premium back?

Snild
Regular
Same problem here. My Subscription page says it's going to expire on 2015-03-30 (two days from now), but both my laptop and phone is suddenly using Spotify Free

It seems like the website thinks we have Premium, but the clients think we don't.

The subscription payment was processed correctly last month, but I see nothing for March. And, like the others are saying, the SUBSCRIBE button does nothing, so I can't try another card or anything.

Logging out/in and restarting the client has not helped.

But, like others have said, nice to know that I'm not alone. 🙂

MA53_MEG
Casual Listener
I cant get onto my premium account it is telling me that my account is free instead. It says that my subscrip runs out 31-3-15

hiphugr
Casual Listener

Very much the same problem here. The client on both Android and my PC turned Free today. Last billing 28 February, and next billing is 31 March.

Gsr
I have The same problem... I dont know whats happen!

JansenB
Casual Listener

Same here...Premium till 29 March

MA53_MEG
Casual Listener
Its really annoying especially when you are paying for it!
SUGGESTED POSTS