Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Privacy Settings not working

Privacy Settings not working

I've been using Spotify for a long time now, but I really don't like all these new social/sharing features, so I disabled them all: I did not connect to facebook, I unchecked the sharing and publish options in the preferences.

But this doesn't seem to work: If another user views my profile he can see my top tracks and my top artists, although I disabled that. How is that possible Spotify?! 

6 Replies

Hello again,

The other user who has had a look on your Spotify profile, were they on your computer?

Does the same thing happen when a friend looks at your account from a different computer?
-------

Check out how we're doing over @SpotifyStatus

Question answered? Just click 'Accept as solution' to help other users out. Easy.

Who's your Spotify Star?

Yes, it was the same computer I was using before.
Maybe that's the problem. I'll get back to you when I've tried it from another computer.

I was having the same issue, but after I cleared my Spotify user data and cache the problem went away.

How do you clear your Spotify user data & cache?

ok, i cleared my cache on my macbook & that didn't help. i also deleted the spotify application and re-added it to my macbook, which also did not help....

any other suggestions?

JSKSSB925 - Have you tried looking at your account on another computer? Ideally through a friends account.
-------

Check out how we're doing over @SpotifyStatus

Question answered? Just click 'Accept as solution' to help other users out. Easy.

Who's your Spotify Star?

Suggested posts