Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Profile picture not shown

Solved!

Profile picture not shown

When other people look me up on Spotify or when people open my public profile on an internet browser, no profile picture is shown. I can see my profile picture in Spotify, cause it is connected to Facebook. But I can't see a profile picture when I open my public profile.

I do want the profile picture to be shown, can someone help me?

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

For those who read this and have the same problem:

My Facebookaccount is a Facebookpage for my company where I work. That is why I cannot connect Spotify to Facebook properly. The solution is to create a personal Facebookpage and link that one.

Thanks for helping me!

View solution in original post

Marked as solution

@temazosAD wrote:

Hey! I have the same problem. I've tried everything but it just don't work. My pic profile does'nt show, is not synchronized with FB, but the little one on the right corner is the right one. Anyone can help me please? Thank you very much! The name of my profile is temazosanddiscapers

Hey 🙂 

I can confirm there is a profile picture showing on your public profile right now, so it should update in your own client within 24 hours 😉 

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

View solution in original post

21 Replies

Your Spotify account isn't connected to your Facebook profile.

You can connect it if you go into the Preferences page.

Thanks for the response. I always login via Facebook, when I go the the preferences page, it says that I am already connected to Facebook. But I still don't get the profile picture. Do you have an other solution?

Hi stgGRAP - As Jude mentioned your 'stggrap' account is definitely not linked to Facebook. Is this the username you're signing in with?

When you go to your Preferences Page what does the button under 'Social Network' say?  Edit > Preferences (in Windows) or Spotify > Preferences (in Mac)

I always log in with the account stggrap. I went to preferences page and it said I was already connected. So to be sure, I reconnected again, so I should be connected to my Facebookaccount now. It says Social Network: Break connection with Facebook (btw, I translated it, because my language is Dutch). When I broke the connection, my username changed back to stggrap and when I reconnected it changed to my Facebookname and profile pic. But on the internet my profile still has no profile picture.

Hi stgGRAP - Hm, we're not having luck connecting here. Every time I check your 'stggrap' account isn't linked to Facebook. 

Are you still connected? When you open your desktop app do you see your picture in the top right-hand corner? Please don't adjust your settings on your Preferences Page until we confirm that we're seeing the same thing here. 

I always see the picture when I open Spotify and I see my Facebookname. I also see most of my friends, but I don't see them all.

I am connected to a Facebookpage (https://www.facebook.com/grapamsterdam) , to which I log in with an emailadres. I use that emailadres with spotify to connect to Facebook.

Hi stgGRAP - Thanks for that info! I'm going to send you a direct email--that way we can confirm a couple security details. 

Please keep an eye on your inbox for me. 

Hi Meredith. I received your mail, thanks! I clicked on the link and saved it. What is the next step?

Hi stgGRAP - I'm sorry but it seems we're still getting our wires crossed. My email to you was just asking for you to confirm a couple more security details. 

I emailed the address linked to your 'stggrap' account. I'm going to send you a direct message within the Community. Please take a look in your Community inbox when you have a moment. 

Marked as solution

For those who read this and have the same problem:

My Facebookaccount is a Facebookpage for my company where I work. That is why I cannot connect Spotify to Facebook properly. The solution is to create a personal Facebookpage and link that one.

Thanks for helping me!

I've connected my facebook profile manually.  My profile pic appears top right but it does not appear on my profile page (or when my username is displayed in followers list etc).

I've connected my facebook profile manually.  My profile pic appears top right but it does not appear on my profile page (or when my username is displayed in followers list etc).

Hey 🙂 

Just loaded your profile (if your username is "digitaslbi") and it appears not be connected to Facebook for me. 

Can you try disconnecting and reconnecting again? You can that from the Edit/Spotify > Preference > Social Network section of the Spotify desktop client. 

Sometimes it can take a while for changes made to take effect across the entire Spotify network, so it could just be a delay. 

Peter

Peter

I've just done that.  However, it still does not update the profile pic on my profile page (but it does appear top right).  

Hey! I have the same problem. I've tried everything but it just don't work. My pic profile does'nt show, is not synchronized with FB, but the little one on the right corner is the right one. Anyone can help me please? Thank you very much! The name of my profile is temazosanddiscapers

Marked as solution

@temazosAD wrote:

Hey 🙂 

I can confirm there is a profile picture showing on your public profile right now, so it should update in your own client within 24 hours 😉 

Peter

Peter

True story men! Spotify rocks!!

Hi digitasli, I am having the same problem. Was this problem ever resolved for you?

I see a picture with Mickey Mouse on your profile 🙂 Just give it a day or two to show up your end too.

@eviapree wrote:

Hi digitasli, I am having the same problem. Was this problem ever resolved for you?

Suggested posts