Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Random people in friends list

Random people in friends list

When I view my friends list in spotify I see my own friends from Facebook  as well as a bunch of random people I don't know.

Interestingly my real facebook friends are allways displayed on the top of the list. After my facebook friends I can see names and pictures of other people as well as a couple account numbers with the standard 'no picture' image.

Obviously these people also listen to music so the window showing what my friends are listening to is allways filled with nonsense like "1122082225 listened to [Song]".

What can I do to tell Spotify it should reload my friends list (and hopefully clean out these other people from my friend list)?

9 Replies

I've noticed this just recently as well and my theory is that these are people who you've had some kind of Spotify interaction with, as in you subscribed to one of their playlists or they've subsribed to one of yours.

I'm sure the wizkids of Spotify are working hard to find a solution. So when Spotify asked me to update my version ... i did. And things got worse.

On the botttom righthand screen Spotify is now constantly trying to find what songs the rest of the world is playing. My few real friends don't show, but the list of songs that countless unknown people are playing appears too much to handle. It's constantly reloading.

So thanks for trying, but keep at it!

Got the same problem, after the last update it disappeared, for a while... On the next startup the problem appeared again.

It's a bit annoying to see what crap a bunch of random people are listening to...

I'm having the exact same problem. At first, it was four people that have no relation to me on Facebook, not even mutual friends. Then the next day, I have like 10 different random people with their music showing up in the bar. I really don't want that clogging up what my ACTUAL friends listen to... Please help? Smiley Sad

One Happy Sharer of the Love of Music through Spotify

Same problem started happening to me today.  Maybe it's a new feature trying to show people with similar tastes.  If so, can we opt out? 

Hello,

Recently I have started to see what other people are listening to, and now I noticed that I apparently have got a profile?! I don't want other people to see what I am listening to and I don't want a profile. I discovered that there is "private session"  option, which isn't the default option but has to be turned on every single time, and there is apparently no method to empty my profile. I consider this a breach of my privacy and hard to control what I am sharing with others.

Thanks for your time, any tips and/or help is appreciated

Hello,

We are aware of this issue, and are looking into what could be going on here. This is the main thread relating to this issue.

Airhorn Enthusiast

David,

Thanks for the information as I had missed that other thread.

now subscribed to that thread.  thanks David

Suggested posts