Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Re: Streaming Issues on Spotify Premium

Re: Streaming Issues on Spotify Premium

The streaming issue seems to be a major problem in the evening hours (Eastern Time).  Any track will play for 5 seconds, then stop for 5 seconds, then play a few seconds and stop again.  I have had no problems with this during the day.  I have Verizon Fios which must be close to state of the art, at least as far as I understand it.  That being said, I can't believe the problem is on my end.  This is an amazing service -- if it works as advertised.  But frankly, the best time for me to listen is "after hours" when I really want to push back and lose myself in music.  If anyone knows whether Spotify has been responsive to this complaint -- and I've seen many others who are bitching about the same thing -- I'd love to know.  It appears there's a roaring silence from them.  Too bad.  I won't continue the subscription if this problem persists.  And by the way, I had this problem before I signed up for the Premium Service but I was so beguiled by the idea that I could listen to just about anything I could think of I went and signed up anyway.  

This must be a server problem on Spotify's end.  Too many people using the service at "prime listening hours???"  If so, fix the the problem, please.  

If anyone can alert me to alternatives to what Spotify offers -- without the glitches as mentioned above -- I'd love to hear from you.  

[Snip-Email-Super User]

4 Replies

I do not run a firewall at all. Windows is disabled and have it disabled on my router as well. But i am constantly over this past month been getting error 101. I am on verizon fios with 75/35 connection.

Are you getting any error messages during this drop outs? 

I have also removed your email address from you post, there are too many spammers here to leave that there 😉 (Also in line with the community guidelines). 

Is it possible your ISP is limiting p2p traffic at peak times (I know many do)? Spotify on the desktop uses p2p technology to share tracks between clients, so technically the more people using Spotify the better it should be! 

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Hi Peter,

I get no error messages on the Iphone or on the MacBook Pro when the music stops.  It's just like someone hitting "pause" every five seconds or so -- and the pauses last about 5 - 10 seconds before the music resumes  

If you have the time, please inform me what I need to do to check my ISP.  Is there a setting I can change that will fix the problem.  I'm something of a luddite when it comes to these technical details.

Thanks!

Mark

bangzoom wrote:

If you have the time, please inform me what I need to do to check my ISP.  Is there a setting I can change that will fix the problem.  I'm something of a luddite when it comes to these technical details.

I just PMed you with a quick question. Thanks in advance!

--------------------------------------------------------------

For common support questions, see support.spotify.com.
To judge my musical taste, check out my last.fm.

Suggested posts