Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Removing the Facebook login and changing it for a standard username and password

Solved!

Removing the Facebook login and changing it for a standard username and password

Hi All,

Can someone please tell me how I go about changing my spotify account that I have to connect with facebook and change it to a normal username and password.

Thanks

James

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

The form says "Enter the email address that you currently have registered with us, or your Spotify username." so you can enter your Spotify username, it the reset link will be set to whichever email address is on your online profile for your actual Spotify account. 

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

View solution in original post

21 Replies

Here's some bad news: You can't.

You must create a new account. Head to the sign up page and choose "Create an account using email address" at the bottom.

Hello, i created an account using Facebook and i want to change to using an email instead. I went to do it but my email is already taken because i used Facebook. Can this be changed?

You have to ask support to delete your current account that is using Facebook to log in. Then create a new one through the sign up page.

What happend to my original account?

I am now forced to use FB to login on my PC, but its like a brand new account, all my music is gone and all I got is spotify free, eventho Im paying for premium. Yet, at my phone its my old account.

I tried doing the steps told at  "Please read, missing playlist/premium dissappeared." But my spotify lacks the option "Preferences > Social Network"

This is really annoying. Contacted support 2 days ago, but no answer yet. 

Its so frustrating when you pay for a service you dont get.

@Catnip wrote:

What happend to my original account?

I am now forced to use FB to login on my PC, but its like a brand new account, all my music is gone and all I got is spotify free, eventho Im paying for premium. Yet, at my phone its my old account.

I tried doing the steps told at  "Please read, missing playlist/premium dissappeared." But my spotify lacks the option "Preferences > Social Network"

This is really annoying. Contacted support 2 days ago, but no answer yet. 

Its so frustrating when you pay for a service you dont get.

Hey! Welcome to the community 🙂

If you can't see that section inside your Spotify client then you are logged in using a Facebook account. You need to log out and sign in using your Spotify username and password. You should then be able to find that option and disconnect from Facebook. 

Peter

Peter

Thank you.

Ive tried logging in and out so many times now. When I try logging in it says incorretct username or password. Its the same username and password as Ive used for the last 6 months or so.

Hey! 🙂 

If you have a Spotify account you should be able to reset your password using this form.

Peter

Peter

When I use that form I get this ; It looks like you are using your Facebook credentials to log in to Spotify. To change your Facebook password go to your settings page at facebook.com

Ive always used my username to log into spotify, untill this week.

Did you enter your Spotify username on that reset form?

Peter

Peter

No, I didnt, the form asks for the email adress linked to the account, not the username.

Anyway, I also looked for help at twitter. SpotifyCares; "It looks like you also have a duplicate account created by logging in through Facebook."  So hopefully they are able to fix my account back to normal.

Marked as solution

The form says "Enter the email address that you currently have registered with us, or your Spotify username." so you can enter your Spotify username, it the reset link will be set to whichever email address is on your online profile for your actual Spotify account. 

Peter

Peter

I love you!

Hugs and kisses, Catnip 😃

No problem 😉
Glad I could help!

Happy Listening!
Peter

Peter

it didnt work. spotify says that i have to change my facebook password instead of my spotify password!!????

@999 wrote:

it didnt work. spotify says that i have to change my facebook password instead of my spotify password!!????

Did you create your account using Spotify or using your Facebook details?

If you have a dedicated Spotify username (not email address), then can recover your account by entering your Spotify username on the reset page (linked above). 

If you created your account using your Facebook details then you need to recover your account over on Facebook.com.

Peter

Peter

Hi!

I have the EXACT same problem. I was using spotify back in 2010 when i lived in the UK, now i'm back to living in Portugal, country in which Spotify became available only a few days ago. So I try to log in, guess what forgot my password. Do the recover blah blah, get a new password, login and all this facebook bamboozle shows up. I forget exactly what happened but suddenly my old playlists dissapeared and all those magical times that came with them.

I don't want to share my music with anyone on facebook or have facebook connected to spotify at all. I can't reset my password, 'cause as stated, "change your facebook password" ladida comes up.

I NEED HELP I LOVE AND MISS SPOTIFY AS A PUPPY MISSES ITS MOTHER

thank you

tomasturbation - Just log out and log back in with the username 'tomasturbation' and your Spotify password. You'll then be reunited with those playlists.
-------

Check out how we're doing over @SpotifyStatus

Question answered? Just click 'Accept as solution' to help other users out. Easy.

Who's your Spotify Star?

much appreciated, I have been reunited. Thanks!

This helped

Suggested posts