Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Reset Password - Lost all my playlists

Reset Password - Lost all my playlists

Hello,

Today I noticed Facebook was publishing the songs I was listening to on my profile so I deleted the connection between Facebook and Spotify. After that I had problems to log in - it said Username or Password invalid so I tried to reset the password and when I logged in all my account was reset , I lost all my playlist and info.

I don't know if I created a duplicate by accident or via Facebook but I would like to have access back to my original account - which was Premium and now it is the Free version.

How can I do? If I log in with my original credentials it drives me to this new empty account - because it took my name from Facebook I guess and the password is the same.

Please help!

2 Replies

Hey there. If you created your account initially through facebook, then you cannot disconnect from facebook. If when you log in now it says "Free" and you had a "Premium" account, then you must have created a second account. 

At this point, I recommend reaching out directly to Spotify Support. They can be reached through their Twitter Page @SpotifyCares or through the online contact form.

Make sure to check your inbox and junk folder for an email from Spotify. Once you get it, make sure to reply back right away, even if it says it's from a "no-reply" email. This will assign your case to a Spotify rep and you should hear back within 24 hours.

Cheers!

If this solved your issue - Mark it as a solution!
Twitter | LinkedIn | Instagram
What's a Spotify Rock Star, and how do I become one?

How did you delete the link between the accounts? From inside the Spotify client or from removing the app on your Facebook account?

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Suggested posts