Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Rogers/Spotify Premium Problem!?

Rogers/Spotify Premium Problem!?

I was with spotify for a few months, I had oreviously had a premium membership, i logged in with facebook, and never had problems with my account. Unitl I updated my Rogers Account, they gave me a free Premium Spotify Membership for 24 months. My boyfriend and I both cancelled our accounts via the rogers page so we could sign up with Rogers and take advantage of the free premium membership. His account is working fine, but for some reason mine is not. It is the free trial version with adds and an inability to skip songs, it is very annoying! I called rogers and they said there wasnt anything wrong with the subscription on there end and to contact Spotify to fix my problem. There seems to be no way to contact Spotify directly. SO...I am trying this. WHAT DO I DO? How do I fix things so I can actually access my premium membership? I have a really confusing looking member login in name and when I try to log in with it, it says to log in with facebook. When i login with facebook it loads my spotify account, that says its a free version. Help!  

4 Replies

Hey @JulieLeBlanc,

I'd recommend getting in touch with Spotify Support so that they can check out your account:

Contact form: https://support.spotify.com/contact-spotify-support/?contact
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/SpotifyCares/
Twitter: https://twitter.com/SpotifyCares

If you get an automated reply email telling you to check the Knowledgebase or the Spotify Community, you need to reply back to it, even if it's from a no-reply address. Spotify Support usually replies within 24-48 hours.

MaximSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

While the Spotify links to their support are helpful (why aren't they visible on the Spotify site???), it turns out that this is *entirely* a Rogers issue. I spent about an hour with Rogers phone support over several calls, and never got a resolution. So in desperation, I tried the @RogersHelps Twitter account, which I have had success with in the past.

The person I was DM'ing with was very helpful, and had a plan. She said this is a common problem and they have a workaround documented internally. It involves the following steps:

1. Rogers needs to "unlock your experience".
  2. You change your "experience" from Spotify to either Shomi or Texture from your MyRogers account.
  3. You log out of your MyRogers account.
  4. They unlock your experience again.
  5. You log back in, change your experience back to Spotify, and then you should have the options back to re-link your phone(s) to your Spotify account(s).

Through Twitter DM'ing, this all took about 15 minutes. If you have a phone person doing it, it would probably be even faster. Now my Spotify accounts are all Premium and I am happy.

My MyRogers account says that my Spotify experience is unlocked and active, but I'm still being prompted to not leave Premium. Any ideas on what to do about that?

@Chanhat

I'd recommend reaching out to Rogers so they can look into this.

MaximSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Suggested posts