Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

SPOTIFY KEEPS ASKING FOR MY PASSWORD!!

SPOTIFY KEEPS ASKING FOR MY PASSWORD!!

Hi Help Forum. I signed up for the free spotify a few months ago with an email address I can no longer access. I forgot the Spotify password and emailed the 'contact us' form over a month ago and never heard back. So today I upgraded to the premium service, and it provided my CURRENT email with the receipt, as well as user i.d. and password set-up for my mobile device. BUT every time I try to sign on, whether I use facebook or my phone, it repeatedly brings me ANOTHER sign in page requesting my Spotify credentials. Because I don't have my original email address, I can't access my original password, (which I assume that is what it is asking for.) This happens even when I try to sign on via facebook. I am getting very frustrated because despite being so excited to finally use Spotify on all of my devices, I can't. And if I can't get this issue resolved by the end of the weekend, I'm going to have to cancel my payment because I can't pay for something I can't access. Please help! I'm craving to use my spotify!!
3 Replies

If you originally signed up for free spotify, do you not need the username and password to sign into the account to upgrade?

Sorry if that is a stupid question.

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Well I signed on through Facebook when I upgraded it, and it let me upgrade but it STILL wouldn't let me on even after that because it asked me for my 'spotify details.' So in answer to your question, apparently not I guess.

Oh okay, i can see your fustration 😞

Have you tried contacting spotify support directly using the contact us link on the website?

The staff might be able to resolve your problem much faster than the community.

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Suggested posts