Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Same Artist name

Solved!

Same Artist name

Hello together

I wanted to start sharing my music. As I read, I first need to set up a regular Spotify-Account before getting verified as an artist. So I tryed to do this. But as I have seen, my artist-name is already taken (by a inactive dude with no music).

But then I saw, that there are other artist names which belongs to more than one person. For example there are different artists with the name "Nas".

So how is this possible? And can I also use my name although  there is a other guy with this name?

Hope you understand what I mean 😄

Have a nice day

Greetings

Diego

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Usernames are a different story. 🙂

If a username you would like is being used by an account, then you should consider selecting an available variation for your use on Spotify. In general, adding numbers, underscores, or abbreviations can help you come up with a great available username.

Artist pages are automatically created when your distributor delivers your music to Spotify.
MaximSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

View solution in original post

6 Replies

Hey @diegobuechi,

Yes, more than one artist page with the same name can exist.

MaximSpotify Star

Hei
Thank you for your answer! But how does this works? Because when I want to
create a account it always tells me that this name is already taken?

Greetings Diego
Marked as solution

Usernames are a different story. 🙂

If a username you would like is being used by an account, then you should consider selecting an available variation for your use on Spotify. In general, adding numbers, underscores, or abbreviations can help you come up with a great available username.

Artist pages are automatically created when your distributor delivers your music to Spotify.
MaximSpotify Star

Hei Maxim

Thank you sooo much dude! This is exactly the answer I was looking for hours and hours. You make a really good work! Keep on and have a nice day 😄

You're welcome! If you need help with anything else, or just have a question, then feel free to post in the Community again. 🙂

Have a spotify:track:2hLUWy9FUautRQqbAQ66T9:small

MaximSpotify Star

I have a question in regards to how to split artist pages? I recently uploaded a track for the first time and it was put under an artist with the same name (swerve) so Im at a standstill because I dont know how to adjust this ? please help

Suggested posts