Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Scheduling Private Listening

Scheduling Private Listening

Hey,

So, I have this issue. I love listening to discover weekly. I think the recommendations that are based off of my listening habits are great. 

However, recently I've been putting on a radio based on classical music for when I go to sleep. As you can imagine 8 hours of randomised classical every night is really affecting discover weekly if I only listen to trip-hop/electro/soul/whatever during the day.

I know there is this thing called private session. I know I can turn it on in the evening and then off in the morning... but this is a bit of a pain having to remember it. So...

FEATURE REQUEST!

Any chance we can have the option to schedule private sessions? (Say for example, between 00:00 and 7am?) If you think about it, most people make a conscious choice of what to listen to and the generated playlists such as Discover Weekly and Release Radar are usually based off of those conscious choices. But unconsciously whatever music that I'm not monitoring impacts those playlists. I'm not the only one who listens to something akin to white noise when they sleep, so a feature like this would be very useful (at least for me). 

Thoughts? Anyone else? Upvote for some quick user opinion. 

Thanks 🙂

D

2 Replies

Hey Dave! Thanks for reaching out!

Sounds like a great idea! Spotify loves hearing your feedback and you can share your ideas in the Idea Exchange. There people can vote for ideas, and then they could be implemented! You can submit your ideas here! Make sure you search if it doesn't exist before you submit it! 😄

Have a nice day and keep on rockin'!

HuboSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Hi Dave,

You and I are praying for the same feature. I submitted this idea today, so go upvote it and add your two cents!

https://community.spotify.com/t5/Idea-Submissions/All-Platforms-Social-Automatically-activate-Privat...

You're not alone in your white-noise-listening-want-a-better-discover-weekly-blues, mate!

Robert

Suggested posts