Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Setting up Spotify Family

Setting up Spotify Family

I have subscribed to spotify family. I have added family members however they did not receive the email. 2 of them were previously subscribed to the free month trial and perhaps this is the issue. I am very frustrated as I have paid for spotify family and yet my family are unable to creat their own accounts. 

14 Replies

Hey @nsomers, welcome to the Spotify Community.

Here is a thread where everything regarding the family plan is explained very good. Please go through it and let me know if you still have an issue with adding members.

Spotify Family Q&A

I have read through it and it did not solve my problem unfortunately. This is the message that comes up when I follow the link that my family member sent me 

"Sorry! You're already a member of this (or another) Family plan. Please click below to switch to the account that you want to join to the Family plan." when I click on the option to switch account the same message just reappears. 

Also not all of my family members even received the e-mail eventhough they're e-mails have been entered in the manage your family accounts section. I am very confused! I thought spotify would be easy to set up but it's proving very difficult. 

@nsomers

just to be sure im getting that right: You are invited to a family plan, correct? Do you have set up your own account? Or are you using the account of the person you have invited?

I am the one stting up the family spotify. I am also ensuring that everyone is successfully added in as I have access to their e-mails. I am setting up the whole thing so I am essentially the person inviting and invited to the family plan. If that makes sense? 

@nsomers that makes perfect sense, just wasnt sure i was understanding correct.

Ok, can you confirm that every member you want to invite has their own Spotify Free or Premium Account?

I created the family account. Typed in the e-mails of the family members I wanted to add.

Now I am checking that they received the e-mail from spotify to allow them to set up their accounts.

They have not received said e-maila and those that have the message I have previously mentioned is appearing. 

no not all of them do. 

2 have never used spotify before.

2 have previously had spotify accounts. 

Ok, now i see the problem. Every Family member needs their own account in Spotify. All members should sign up for a free acoount. Before that they cant receive invitation to a Family Plan. After everyone has created an account invite them again. It should now work.

Those that have had spotify accounts were the free version. 

Okay I will try this thank you so much!!!

Every Version (Free or Premium) works. Make sure that you invite them with their correct Account name and that they try to log in with the correct Account data.

Just to confirm. 

Each family member signs up to free spotify. 

Then the e-mail each person uses is the one I type into the section Manage your family accounts.

An e-mail is then sent? Correct? 

One last question for those that have previously availed of spotify free using an e-mail will they not be prevented from signing up again to the free spotify?

Yes, to the first two questions.

If those persons sign up for new accounts they have to use another email adress then before. But if the email adress stays the same they can just use their old accounts. In this case make sure you use the correct email adress for your incitation and that the members have still their account data.

Suggested posts