Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Someone else is using my spotify account at the same time as me.

Solved!

Someone else is using my spotify account at the same time as me.

This is annoying.

I let someone else use my spotify account once. Now this person is permanently logged in through his own facebook account...at least this is how I think it works,

His name and facebook picture shows up at the top of the right corner of the screen whenever I log into my account and it looks like he is using it because more than two third of everything that is starred has been starred by him. It makes it difficult for me to find the music that I've starred my self.

I have right clicked on his name to try to log him out, but all that happens is that I'm logged out and when I log in again he's still there. I've also tried to change my password to no use. So how do I get this person out of my spotify account? I have'nt found any other options than what I've already tried.

169 Replies

ruk and markomac316 - I can't see anyone currently online on your accounts. Is everything working as it should?

Check out our Twitter for the latest updates on any service issues: @Spotifystatus

Problem solved? Click 'Accept as solution' to make it easier to find for others!

New to the Community? Check out our Community newbie tips

My spotify connection to facebook is telling me I'm listening to things I know I havent been listening to. Like today where my friend liked that I 2 hours ago listened to something called Kareoke Channel. The other day, I had sent a link to a FB friend with a song. Can someone tell me whats going on? Have I been hacked or somthing?

Someone is using my spotify as well. There should be a button for force quit all devices, but untill then, can someone help me do so?

Marked as solution

Hek88 and MikkelS - I've disconnected all active sessions on your account.

It's also worth giving a password reset a go, for additional security.

Check out our Twitter for the latest updates on any service issues: @Spotifystatus

Problem solved? Click 'Accept as solution' to make it easier to find for others!

Thank you! 🙂

Sorry for the delay in replying. If you could please cancel my current devices and I can re create my playlists. If they are reset does that mean I can hook my spotify premium upto three new devices i.e. laptop and 2 mobiles?

@markomac316 wrote:

Sorry for the delay in replying. If you could please cancel my current devices and I can re create my playlists. If they are reset does that mean I can hook my spotify premium upto three new devices i.e. laptop and 2 mobiles?

I've reset your devices now. You're free to sync now onto 3 new devices of your choosing.

Hello I've been having the same issues.

I've changed my password already some time ago but someone still manages to login to my spotify account.

Could you please reset those deviced on my account aswell? Thanks in advance! 

@eericc wrote:

Hello I've been having the same issues.

I've changed my password already some time ago but someone still manages to login to my spotify account.

Could you please reset those deviced on my account aswell? Thanks in advance! 

I can't see any devices registered to your account - you're an Unlimited user.

Just to clarify, resetting devices is not related to logging other users out of your account. I'm not sure where that confusion arose from.

eericc - I've disconnected all active users from your account now. This should help.

Could u disconnected all active users from my acc aswell? Grazie!!!

Sick of looking at some assholes face at my spotify acc. Smiley Mad

Hi, I'm having similar problems. I logged in to spotify on a friend's computer and forgot to log out. He's now listening to music, so I can't on my own computer. If you could possibly log out all active users that would be greatly appreciated.

evensen91 - I can't currently see anyone on your account any location. Try a password reset though, just in case.

empty3101 - likewise on your account. See above.

Marked as solution

Hi, I am having the same problem. At work I somehow logged into my bosses spotify account and now I am always connected and i can't listen at all when he is listening to music. Is there a way so that I can create my own account that isn't connected to his account? My email is -snip-

Marked as solution

Hey bigmikey, welcome to the Community. I've just removed your email address from your post if that's ok - best not to have it on a public forum.

On this issue, I've disconnected you from the account. Please try signing up for a new account of your own via the website.

Marked as solution

Thanks for your quick help!! Great service!

Marked as solution

Can you do the same for me? It`s okay if offline things unsync or whatever:) its just annoying

@ballinfosho wrote:

Can you do the same for me? It`s okay if offline things unsync or whatever:) its just annoying

Hey, I wasn't sure if you wanted your list of offline devices reset or all active users on the account disconnected so I've gone ahead and done both.

Remember folks, there's a difference!

Yeah I know. I was just really frustrated at that time because this has happened two times before because I forget it. 

Either way, thanks alot Richard! 🙂

Could you disconnect all devices for me too?

Marked as solution

@PeppePolack wrote:

Could you disconnect all devices for me too?

Done!

Suggested posts