Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Someone is accessing my account Is there a way to see what device was used.

Someone is accessing my account Is there a way to see what device was used.

I was driving around 8:30 PM PT 2/3/2013 on my iphone and it stopped because someone else was using my account? Is there any way to see the location and type of device?

10 Replies

Location, no. However, it looks like your account is online on a Mac at the moment.
-------

Check out how we're doing over @SpotifyStatus

Question answered? Just click 'Accept as solution' to help other users out. Easy.

Who's your Spotify Star?

I was wondering around 8-9 PM PT earlier in the night. I was on my phone only driving. I was wondering who accessed my account then for my accoutn to drop while driving

We can't see that, I'm afraid. If you're worried, a change of password should be enough.
-------

Question answered? Just click 'Accept as solution' to help other users out. Easy.

Who's your Spotify Star?

Someone is using my account and I suspect it is someone who stole my computer. I have changed my password since the computer was stolen. I am worried they are getting access to my facebook too because of the connection between fb and spotify. How can I permanently stop them from accessing my account???

No-one's logged in at the moment, marcushh85. A change of Facebook password should be enough to stop anyone accessing the account.
-------

Who's your Spotify Star?

Thank you for the quick reply I appreciate it! Well what worries me is this has happened once before right after my laptop was stolen and I changed my FB password immediately. Now that it happened again, I am concerned somehow this person may have access to my FB or is somehow still able to access my account. Either way, I changed my FB password again right after I was logged out of spotify so hopefully it fixes the problem.

@user-removed wrote:

Thank you for the quick reply I appreciate it! Well what worries me is this has happened once before right after my laptop was stolen and I changed my FB password immediately. Now that it happened again, I am concerned somehow this person may have access to my FB or is somehow still able to access my account. Either way, I changed my FB password again right after I was logged out of spotify so hopefully it fixes the problem.

I would also suggest you kill all of your active Facebook sessions from your account settings on Facebook.com and then they definitely won't be logged in after a password change. 

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Can I have a log of every one who has logged in on my account and when

I was on the train home from work at 18:30 UK time and someone was cutting off the music on my iphone spotify app and playing it on a samsung device!

Can this please be stopped as i am paying a subscription every month for this service and keep having to sign out everhwhere in the my account section.

I have also reset my password on facebook and still have the same issue.

I am having the same issue I know who it is and I have asked them to please stop using it as it kept stopping my music. They have refused. What can I do?

Suggested posts