Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Spotify + Facebook + Account

Spotify + Facebook + Account

When I started my Spotify Account I used Facebook to Login.

I wanted to cancel my subscription to Spotify, in the Subscrition TAB it tells me I have a FREE account, however in my receipts I am constantly charged.

Spotify HELP advised me to search for duplicate subscriptions.  This was impossible since I had signed up using Facebook.

Therefore I deleted the Spotify App from Facebook, returned to Spotify to use their 'search email tool for multiple accounts but I am locked out.

I added the app back to Facebook, but after I had changed my Facebook password.

I attempted to login to Spotify, no joy, bet thats a password macth issue.

And of course I cannot revert back to an old password on Facebook.

Spotify continues to tell me to login with Facebook, Facebook does not let me in.

So how do I access my Spotify Account?

2 Replies

Hey @user-removed,

Do you get an email receipts for your subscription purchases? In it, it shows your Spotify username:

Username/ID:        xxxxxxx

If you see a random number, that's your actual Spotify username, which was assigned automatically to you when you created your account through Facebook. If you see it in your receipt, you need to login with your Facebook details.

If you don't get email receipts, it probably means you're paying a different account, with a different email address. Checking your receipts is a way to confirm that.

If you still have problems to login through Facebook, follow this to get a device password:

1. Go to Facebook settings.
  2. Select Security.
  3. Select App Passwords
  4. Click Generate App Password
  5. Enter your current Facebook password and click Submit.
  6. Enter Spotify, and Facebook will automatically generate a password for you.

You can use it, with your Facebook email address as username, to log into Spotify directly on any device.

Hope it helps. 🙂
osorniosSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Thanks you.

Suggested posts