Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify Hifi

Spotify Hifi

Hi!

Heard about Spotify Hifi. That you are testing this. I would really like to try it out! Since I am a long time faithful customer. Please? 🙂

588 Replies

I've been. Subscriber since 2011 and I beta test the iOS and windows app. I would love to test Spotify hifi. Don't charge more than you do from premium and you'll get subscribers from Tidal.

Tidal is more expensive and works much much worse (on social network, no public playlist from users, bugs in android application) - only stream quality is better - please change it in Spotify (for android and spotify connect) and I will come back to Spotify with pleasure.

Have to say after doing some abc tests with tidal hifi and deezer premium, that Spotify is better sounding on my hifi and has a much better app system. it is also more responsive..

I have noticed that the other 2 are much louder which may be giving the impression of a better sound.

Just my 2p's worth.

Ir's the opposite in my Hifi and in my headphones.

you do have to watch for the app or the browser changing you stream back to lower quality. ive had that a couple of times. thought spotify had cheaped out on me lol

ive also been testing equalify for spotify and set up right it a big improvement.

I have best quality in both extrem in Spotify and HiFi in TIDAL.

ok, was just a thought.  My stereo is attached. Main Speakers are home built fullrange so use the actives above to assist treble.

have to say the speed of response of spotify and the ability to contol from ipad in armchair makes a huge difference as well. Surprised no other company has tried this. Spotify evolves all the time thankfully

55850544_Unknown.JPG

TIDAL has better sound but Spotify does the rest better. I usel cabel or
sometimes Bluetooth Aptx and the new Sony Xperia XZ1 with high resolution
sound. It's the app that sets the limit and Bluetooth when I usel it.

Never tried it from a phone tbh. I run if from a pc either using the app or probably better sounding Chrome Canary browser, down a usb cable to dac or occasionally via aptx 4.2 which is fairly good directly into dac via a toslink. that makes a big difference too if going that way. I dont know what version of aptx the sony uses or what your reciever uses as it will make a difference.

I usel a Harman Kardan Citation and the latest aptx in Bluetooth 5.0.
Sometimes I use Sennheiser headphone HD600 with Red Jaspis Cabel (better
The Clou cabel).

Ive not come across anything running apt xhd so far, or CSR8675 Bluetooth audio SOC. obviously you need it at both ends too or it will probably default to weakest link(assuming its backwards compatible)....

Believe it supports audio at 24-bit/48kHz. although compression remains at a ratio of 4 to 1.  Bitrate is 576kbps.

My phone support 24 bit/96 kHz, but it's not avaiable in the app yet, only
in my computer IF I use Chrome. Tidal says that they are going to develope
the app. We have to wait and see. Ai0I'm not sure the have The money. For
now I hope Spotify will develop the Android app to CD quality. That's what
I really want

I tested my dads CD vs Spotify 320kbps on the same song in the car (full aftermarket audio system) and the CD is way better.

I have a trial of Tidal and that is way better then 320kbps too. If Spotify don't bring hi-if to market soon, I'm cancelling and moving over to Tidal.

Wi-Fi in the car is often worse than at home.

I would enjoy cancelling tidal as well, I use both spotify premium and tidal hifi, spotify is my favorite streaming service, Tidal has lossless audio, I would like to test the beta, both for my enjoyment and my walet.

Me too please 🙂

Jesus Christ Spotify it's been months. Give us something already. We're all sick of waiting and moving to Tidal. Before you know it everyone is going to be use use to Tidal and built out the playlist it's going to lose you more customers. 

Listen. 

I really need this! 😐

A pity Spotify still doesn't offer Hi-Fi.

Now Deezer offers FLAC/Hi-Fi not just for Sonos User. There is a new Desktop-App supporting it: https://support.deezer.com/hc/en-gb/articles/115005516009-Introducing-our-new-desktop-app

They have also some special promotions actually.

Not yet for Mobile/Tablet.

Now I have 3 subscriptions: Spotify, Apple Music & Deezer.
Tidal I had – but somehow I don't feel home there. 

Me too pls!

Suggested posts