Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Spotify Not Cancelling My Subscription

Spotify Not Cancelling My Subscription

I tried to cancel my Spotify Premium account weeks ago. I followed the prompt several times, and even got the page saying that I was done and free to go back anytime. However, my account stayed Premium. I contacted the support staff, who said they cancelled my subscription and would refund me--and I have the emails to prove it. However, my account is STILL Premium, and I have not been refunded. I am so angry about this. How can I make Spotify unsubscribe me, and give me the money they lied to me about?

5 Replies

I'm sure they'll be keen to get this sorted. Please keep the email dialogue going with them until you are completely satisfied.

I also cancelled my account but spotify are refusing to refund - does anybody know the appropiate regulator to take this up with as they are also refusing to let me know who to contact.......

@SamCola wrote:

I tried to cancel my Spotify Premium account weeks ago. I followed the prompt several times, and even got the page saying that I was done and free to go back anytime. However, my account stayed Premium. I contacted the support staff, who said they cancelled my subscription and would refund me--and I have the emails to prove it. However, my account is STILL Premium, and I have not been refunded. I am so angry about this. How can I make Spotify unsubscribe me, and give me the money they lied to me about?

Depends on which country you are located in @davytsan ?

The regulator will most likely require proof that you cancelled though before they can take any action, do you have a screenshot or the cancellation screen or the confirmation email?

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

I'm having the same issue ... FOS will be my next stop

I almost felt your pain. I cancelled the subscription 4 days ago and today received an e-mail from Spotify that my credit card wasn't working and "would I please submit another form of payment". Fortunately, (or unfortunately), Visa had to give me new credit card numbers 2 days ago, because my credit card information had been "skimmed" (hacked) and they needed to cancel the original card I had used for Spotify premium. Otherwise, I guess I would be in the same boat.

Suggested posts