Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

.Spotify crashes after every time I log in

Solved!

.Spotify crashes after every time I log in

Launch sotify, log in, loads and pop up saying: Spotify Loves Social with a facebook snapshot, a loading circle underneath, and a check box for show what I listen to on Faecbook.  Everytime I cancel out of this pop-up, Spotify quits.  I can't do anything inside the application and checking/unchecking box has no effect....

how do i get rid of the pop-up or fix it? 

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Best thing to do is reinstall Spotify

If that does not work and if you are on Windows 7 goto C:\UsersYOURUSERNAME\AppData\Roaming\Spotify and remove everyhting then goto C:\Users/YOURUSERNAME\AppData\Local\Spotify and remove everyhting there. (Note this WILL remove local info for spotify) then reinstall Spotify this normally sorts out all issues out for me.

I am not sure about other OS's but I think it is more or less the same for all Windows OS's don't have a clue for Mac though.

I also understand that Spotify tends to crash if there is an issue with your soundcard or if you have USB speakers (Some sound cards dislike USB speakers). If you have USB speakers please remove them and try some others, Also to check if your sound card by playing some songs in Windows Media Player and an other Music player (Like VLC Player).

Thanks

Liam Usher.

System Specs:
Intel® Core™ i5-2500K Processor (6M Cache, up to 3.70 GHz), 4GB Ram DRR3 (800Mhz), Intel 3000 HD Graphics, 500GB HDD at 5400 RPM, 250GB Extra HDD at 5400RPM, WIn7 Home Premium

View solution in original post

8 Replies
Marked as solution

Best thing to do is reinstall Spotify

If that does not work and if you are on Windows 7 goto C:\UsersYOURUSERNAME\AppData\Roaming\Spotify and remove everyhting then goto C:\Users/YOURUSERNAME\AppData\Local\Spotify and remove everyhting there. (Note this WILL remove local info for spotify) then reinstall Spotify this normally sorts out all issues out for me.

I am not sure about other OS's but I think it is more or less the same for all Windows OS's don't have a clue for Mac though.

I also understand that Spotify tends to crash if there is an issue with your soundcard or if you have USB speakers (Some sound cards dislike USB speakers). If you have USB speakers please remove them and try some others, Also to check if your sound card by playing some songs in Windows Media Player and an other Music player (Like VLC Player).

Thanks

Liam Usher.

System Specs:
Intel® Core™ i5-2500K Processor (6M Cache, up to 3.70 GHz), 4GB Ram DRR3 (800Mhz), Intel 3000 HD Graphics, 500GB HDD at 5400 RPM, 250GB Extra HDD at 5400RPM, WIn7 Home Premium

It will not work ... when I log in, a pop up saying: Spotify Social Loves a facebook snapshot, a loading circle below, and a check box to show what I hear on the Faecbook. Every time I cancel out of this pop-up ends Spotify. I can not do anything in the application and check / uncheck the box has no effect ....
What should I do?

What OS do you have? 

System Specs:

I have windows vista...

Hmm as far as I am aware this is normally an Apple Mac issue, Best thing is to do is contact support or wait for a team member to come to this thread.

Did you try to remove all spotify data from your computer?

System Specs:

Got the same problem on mac OS X 10.6.8. Tried to uninstall but still does not work. Got the problem with two different mac`s.

What to do?

Thanks

Jonas

I am running Mac OS X 10.5.8.  After selected "Update" in Spotify, it crashes every time I try to open it.  I have done a clean re-install three times and it continually crashes if I turn off my computer. 

This means that every time I want to use Spotify, I have to de-install and re-install.

Please help me!

@erexford wrote:

I am running Mac OS X 10.5.8.  After selected "Update" in Spotify, it crashes every time I try to open it.  I have done a clean re-install three times and it continually crashes if I turn off my computer. 

This means that every time I want to use Spotify, I have to de-install and re-install.

Please help me!

Hey 🙂 

Unfortunately, the most recent of the Spotify client is no longer supported on Mac OS X 10.5. 

Have a read at my post here which contains a few more details and a possible old installer file which might work for you.

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Suggested posts