Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify, good, bad, or indifferent? you tell me....

Spotify, good, bad, or indifferent? you tell me....

Hello all the apperently happy spotify users.....i know most post are not this kind... i would like to rant for a few if y'all don't mind, please bare with me..I have not really used Spotify much the past few months if at all. I've been watching concerts on another site. but about the middle of December I decided to cancel my premium account. i was informed that at the end of my billing period my account would be changed back to the normal (non-premium) account. that would have put it about January 2,2016 or so.I thought nothing more about it. Even though i wasn't using Spotify anylonger I still encouraged my friends and family to use Spotify. I had all intensions of returning in the not to distant future. I mean you can only watch concerts so many times, and you couldn't really watch them and say play on P.O.G.O. for example. at least with Spotify you can multi-task. well I found out today that they never canceled my account and have been charging me the $10.59 for January and Feburary. I know it's not a lot of money, nut i'm on social securty and only get $700.00 a month, for everything. I'm not here for sympathy or anything of that nature. The reason I'm here is to put it out there that if you have or are thinking about anything similiar to PLEASE go back and check to make sure that they do not keep charging you... Or maybe you already have done something like canceling for a month or two. You might want to go back and check to make sure that they actually stopped charging you... I don't think I will be returning to Spotify anytime in the near future..this whole ordeal has turned into one really big headache... I will miss all the friends I have met and have known on Spotify. I thought about inserting a couple of middle finger photo's. But it wasn't none of your fault, I should have double checked to make sure they did what they were supposed to do..I guess it will be back to qello.com for me.maybe later down the line I can forgive Spotify for their oversight. at least not untill i have replaced my cards and other things my company said would be wise to change. but that cost money as well.....  I thank everyone for letting me rant a little and get this off my chest.....    Rodney C Fessenden

1 Reply

Hey @fessendenrodney

Sorry to hear about this.

I suggest you contact support. They might be able to help you get those charges refunded. 

https://support.spotify.com/contact-spotify-support/

If you get an automated reply email telling you to check the help section or the community, you need to reply back to it, even if it's from a no-reply address.

Support usually replies within 24-48 hours.

MattSudaSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Suggested posts