Free/Premium

Country

Israel

Device

Motorola Moto G6, Microsoft Surface, Lenovo Yoga

Operating System

Android 9, Windows 10

My Question or Issue

Lately, my Spotify's Android app and desktop software start to play random music by itself out of nowhere and even in the middle of the night when I'm sleeping. Even while writing these words. 
Music I've never listened to.

I've changed my Facebook and Gmail passwords, logged out from all devices and even reinstalled the app from my phone a few times and this still occurs.

I'm very satisfied with Spotify in general but this is freaking annoying!!

Please hand me a solution.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hello @razlands

Thank you for reaching out here in the Community!

It's good to know that you've already taken some steps. However, it's better to open the password reset form in a private/incognito window, and choose a strong password you haven't used before.
Then you can go to your account page and click SIGN OUT EVERYWHERE again.

It's also strongly advised that you change the password for:

• The email address associated with your Spotify account (e.g. with Gmail, Hotmail, etc.).
  • Any Facebook profile associated with your Spotify account. You can make sure you're the only one currently logged into your Facebook in your Facebook Settings, under Security and login > Where You’re Logged In.
  • Any service where you use the same password as Spotify.

Make sure to check this article as well, in order to protect your Spotify account. 

If after following those steps, the issue still persists, you can reach out to Customer Support.
You can find the contact form here.

I hope it helps!

View solution in original post

7 Replies
Marked as solution

Hello @razlands

Thank you for reaching out here in the Community!

It's good to know that you've already taken some steps. However, it's better to open the password reset form in a private/incognito window, and choose a strong password you haven't used before.
Then you can go to your account page and click SIGN OUT EVERYWHERE again.

It's also strongly advised that you change the password for:

• The email address associated with your Spotify account (e.g. with Gmail, Hotmail, etc.).
  • Any Facebook profile associated with your Spotify account. You can make sure you're the only one currently logged into your Facebook in your Facebook Settings, under Security and login > Where You’re Logged In.
  • Any service where you use the same password as Spotify.

Make sure to check this article as well, in order to protect your Spotify account. 

If after following those steps, the issue still persists, you can reach out to Customer Support.
You can find the contact form here.

I hope it helps!

It seems that changing the app's password has helped to solve the issue.
I didn't realize there is a separate password to the app since I'm connecting directly with my Facebook account.
Hope this won't repeat. Thanks.

Hello @razlands

Thanks for accepting my answer as solution. 

I'm happy to hear that it did the trick!

However, if the issue is back, feel free to reach out to customer support. 

Have a nice day 🙂 

I tried changing my password and the issue still occurs.  Songs keep playing by themselves and/or, deviate from my playlist to random music that I have never heard of (in the middle of a song i'm playing).

Is there a bigger problem here?  Experiencing this on the desktop app.

Hi @silent_gs

Thanks for getting back in touch. 

We understand where you're coming from and we'll do our best to help you out.

No worries, in this case we'd recommend taking a look at this Spotify answer and following the steps you can find there. This will ensure that your account is secure and that you don't experience any of these interruptions. 

If you have any questions, just let us know. 

EniModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”– Maria von Trapp

It seems better now. I had to quit the desktop app for a few hours and when i restarted things seem better. You might have some sort of caching issue. Anyway, you can close this out. Thanks!

Hey @silent_gs,

We're glad to hear that this has been fixed. 

If you ever need us again, give us a shout 🙂

EniModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”– Maria von Trapp

Suggested posts