Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify sucks

Spotify sucks

The concept is great but the product sucks. Will I ever get rid of the songs i qued months ago? Are there any better alternatives to Spotify?

7 Replies

Hey! Welcome to the community 🙂 

Do you have songs which appear to be stuck in your play queue? 

Try making a new playlist and adding just 1 song to it, playing that playlist should clear out your playqueue (make sure repeat is off!). Alternatively try the steps outlined here.

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

I was really loving Spotify - but now I start to hate it.
Can you guys do ANYTHING right - PLEASE...?
First I had to actually post something here, when the Iphone-Update just killed the apps performance completely.
But now I'm just so angry about the Spotify updates changing absolutely ridiculous stuff, that I have to complain again.
And to start off: The fictional updates mentioned are NOT funny. ONCE maybe. But where are we here..? Is this Kindergarten..?
Ok - bout the facts:
1. Absolutely necessary basics: The shuffle function ist just complete rubbish! A shuffle function is supposed to NOT repeat the same tracks in just half an hour of playing music - or even play the sme tracks out of a playlist with hundreds of titles EVERY time you start shuffle mode again. Just remember the last timestamp you played a track and deal with it. Just give us that info in all playlist displays - for sorting also,
2. This is supposed to be a modern, mobile streaming program - WHY isn't it possible then, to have an adequate playlist-management on an Ipad then..? Am i supposed to start my desktop pc all the time to change a playlist..? If i want to delete titles, I need to just mark as many as I want and then delete them at once - on EVERY device i'm using Spotify on!!
3. Where is the follow-button on the Ipad...?? Naturally, every basic standard function should be available on all devices - again...
4. Why can't I just switch OFF the (otherwise relly nice) connect function...? If i do some searching and stuff on my ipad, while I'm listening over my iphone, i might as well want none of the devices to have anything to do with the other. But since I once connected them, they always interact.
Well - clear enough you just want us to use one account on one mobile device at a time. But then just disable the play function if they HAVE beeN connected and at the moment shouldn't be!
5. Why is the track history immediately deleted, when I change playlists or start a radio...? If I want to skip back, I want to skip back.
Nd it is NOT that complicated to do so, speking as someone being a bit into programming as well.
Basics - guys. Pure basics. If you WANT to go down, concentrating on ridiculous development apart from usability, thencongratulations.
It seems to me there are enough posts here, of annoyed people. Even if your sales might still be going up: the streming market is filling up - and market credibility is someing to think about on a longer time scale.
Kind regards,
another customer about to leave

"3. Where is the follow-button on the Ipad...?? Naturally, every basic standard function should be available on all devices - again..."

The iOS developers are currently working on a totally redesigned iPad app that should be more consistent with the iPhone app and include a follow button. Shouldn't be too long before the update is out.

MattSudaSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Yeah Spotify is pretty terrible.

Things Spotify does right:

High quality streaming (although there are higher quality streaming services)

That is basically it. They have above average quality streaming on multiple devices.

So what is bad?

Spotify is only good for streaming music. It is a terrible music player for local files. Can't choose sound device to use, No WASAPI exclusive or ASIO support. No built in equalizer (and equalify is only 10 bands, whereas the free music player I use has 18 bands). It can't even play FLAC files. Even music players that don't support a lot of formats (and that is extremely rare these days) can play FLAC files. It doesn't offer offline features other than playlist management.

Spotify has no skinability, or even any graphic options at all. No visualizations. The current skin is (debatably) terrible. About 90% of the screenspace is wasted (maybe a little bit better if you don't include the adds). It is a pain to look for music on it.

Spotify has no filtering out of explicit songs. This is a basic feature all music streaming services should have. As soon as one got this I would immediately switch to that service.

Spotify is very slow and bloated. It takes up 10 times the CPU resources of free music players with ten times the features and the ability to stream radio, takes ten seconds to load instead of instantly, and takes up lots more hard drive space. It seriously isn't optimized yet?

Spotify is extremely glitchy. At least 80% of the time I play a song it will either restart after the first few seconds or just skip the song. Lots of other ones that are less common, such as never playing an add so that the only way I can listen to music is completely quit spotify and wait for it to start again (which is rediculously long for a music player/streamer). Very hard to listen to music when Spotify is constantly glitching out.

The Radio feature is garbage, and plays the same 10 songs (the ones that I hate) over and over again. Discover is also terrible at recommending stuff.

No customizable hotkeys. Why can't I just press 'Q' to queue a song? Nothing on Spotify is customizable.

They don't listen to their customers. If by some small chance a Spotify employee reads this it will just be ignored.

The moment another service decides to be a decent service (and its not hard), I would jump on it. Unfortunately, every service is just as bad, so try to enjoy Spotify the best you can. Maybe one day they will realize they should add basic functionality.

What's a Spotify Rock Star, and how do I become one?

Unfortunately, no there isn't.

Spoiler
yeah i cant even shearch on my computerim serious
Spoiler

Spoiler

Suggested posts