Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify thinks I'm abroad, when I'm not

Solved!

Spotify thinks I'm abroad, when I'm not

I used spotify in the US, then studied abroad in Australia for 5 months. I couldn't use it there, but halfway through Australia got spotify. I had to change my country to use spotify there. Now that I'm back in the US, I had to change my country again. But now spotify says "Your account can no longer be used from abroad, since the maximum travel time is 14 days for a Spotify Free account. To continue using Spotify from abroad, sign up for Spotify Premium which gives you unlimited travel access." But I'm not longer abroad, and would like to go back to using Spotify Free.

419 Replies

@Nataliaboz

You would need a Premium subscription to use you account there.

You'll be able to use it again once you get back. 🙂

osorniosSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

For me it ses "You can only use spotify Abroad for 14 days." How can I get my account back? I need help!

image.png

Hey @user-removed,

Most of those problems come from a difference between the country shown by the IP address, and the one in your profile.

First, check your IP address here.

After that, compare it to the country shown in your profile.

If you opened your account with Facebook, your country is tied to the country shown in your Facebook account.

Finally, your payment method (if you used one for Premium) must match your country too, so you may need to delete it to update countries.
osorniosSpotify Star

I live USA but  i runed over to live in Uzbekitstan  for 3 month,  after 14 day my spotify not work  How can I extend the validity period for free? 

Hey @aziz4ik,

Unfortunately, if Spotify hasn't launched there yet, so you won't be able to use the Free service there until it's launched. You could get Premium with US payment info, and you'll be able to use it over there.

More info here.

osorniosSpotify Star

I have been using Spotify for years and now get 'cannot use abroad' error message - but I'm not, my  profile country is Spain, my IP address is Spain and I am resident here, so what has gone wrong. Has anyone on this forum found how to correct this fault? Appreciate your help.

problem😑 I want my account back !

Hey @Reggybang

Most of those problems come from a difference between the country shown by the IP address, and the one in your profile.

If you opened your account with Facebook, your country is tied to the country shown in your Facebook account, so you may need to change it there.

Finally, your payment method (if you used one for Premium) must match your country too, so you may need to delete it to update countries.

Change your country setting so it matches what your IP address shows.
osorniosSpotify Star

Similar problem.  I'm visiting Mexico and solution page defaults to Spanish.  I don't speak Spanish.  How do I get an English help page while abroad?

Ok, I look at that article an it didnt show me anything i hadn't already known. The problem that i have is that Spotify thinks in in the US, when im actually in Kazakhstan. The last time i was in the US was over 6 months ago, andt i only made a spotify account about a month ago. I downloaded spotify on my computer and did all the things to get premium for a week. Now when i try to change my location the dropdown menu only has the US. I also tried changing the ZIP code (which was 1234 for some reson) and it says i need to specify a ZIP code. Also the spotify website is in german for me, even though I dont live in Germany, have never been there, and have no plans of gowing there (I have tried turning on a VPN and it still thinks I speak German). If you could help me with theese problems, that would be great 

According to this, their service isn't available in Kazakhstan so the only way you can access it is using a VPN (which isn't supported as it circuvents the licences) or by subscribing to premium, using a payment method based in a supported country.

If you are using a VPN then spotify sees the country your VPN server is based in.

I live in Okinawa Japan on a military base and I'm running into the same problem with "no longer use abroad after 14days message." I am currently living in Japan and have been for the last 3 years and have not run into this problem before. When I try to change my country, USA is the only option. HELP!

i have the same problem, i changed my country but it is not working

Hi, I cannot login into my spotify account because it says I can only use spotify abroad for 14 days. But when I went to check what country it said I was in, it says Belgium, and I live in Belgium, so I am a little confused why it shouldn't work. I went to change my country, but it won't let me change it, it's in grey. Can you help?

Hey @sgayant,

If you opened your account with Facebook, your country is tied to the country shown in your Facebook account, so you may need to change it there.

Also, your payment method (if you used one for Premium) must match your country too, so you may need to delete it to update countries.

Change your country setting so it matches what your IP address shows.

Hope it helps. 🙂
osorniosSpotify Star

Hi. I cannot access my spotify too. I tried to change my country in my profile page but i cannot change it. I already checked my IP address and it is in Dubai, however, on my spotify account it is still in the Philippines. Thank you. Hope i can hear from you soon.

Hey @iamcessymeh,

Unfortunately, if Spotify hasn't launched there yet, you won't be able to use the service until it does.

You can find more info here.

osorniosSpotify Star

How come that my friends living here have spotify? Also, the spotify of my friend who came from the Philippines too is working here in Dubai. Thank you again.

I've Been trying to use spotify as well, but i been having the same issues with the country thing. I tried making a new account but it wont let me register either. Tried logging in with facebook and even that won't work for me !! I have no idea how to change this craziness, and find it weird that spotify works on my job fine with the connection there but won't work for my personal belongings !! HELPPPPP ???

Hey @BrandonvH1994,

Most of those problems come from a difference between the country shown through your IP address, and the one in your profile.

Change your country setting in your profile page so it matches what your IP address shows.

Hope it helps. 🙂
osorniosSpotify Star

Suggested posts