Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify thinks I'm abroad, when I'm not

Solved!

Spotify thinks I'm abroad, when I'm not

I used spotify in the US, then studied abroad in Australia for 5 months. I couldn't use it there, but halfway through Australia got spotify. I had to change my country to use spotify there. Now that I'm back in the US, I had to change my country again. But now spotify says "Your account can no longer be used from abroad, since the maximum travel time is 14 days for a Spotify Free account. To continue using Spotify from abroad, sign up for Spotify Premium which gives you unlimited travel access." But I'm not longer abroad, and would like to go back to using Spotify Free.

419 Replies

Hi,

That's what I mean. I didn't get one.

@user-removed -- one of my colleagues replied to one of your support cases on the 29th December, which you then replied to. We replied back after that, but haven't heard anything back from you since. Feel free to hunt out that email from us and reply back to it.

--------------------------------------------------------------

For common support questions, see support.spotify.com.
To judge my musical taste, check out my last.fm.

HI Adam,

Thanks for getting back and also to Peter. No I have nothing after 16th Dec which are part of 'new songs' info/promo.

I checked all accounts and their spam. I wonder if I am being confused with another customer?

Can you arrange a resend? Thx. HNY.

I'll just tag @Adam so he gets a gentle email reminder to do this for you. 😉

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Hmm, it was definitely the same email address we replied to as the one attached to your Community profile.

Could you follow the same link Peter posted to contact us again and let us know what case # you get from the automated response? Double-check your spam/junk folder if you don't receive it.

--------------------------------------------------------------

For common support questions, see support.spotify.com.
To judge my musical taste, check out my last.fm.

Thanks again. Certainly will.

In touch with Fabio, now. Thanks for your help. He suggests a reinstall. I am half the problem here, forgetting I used gmail....

I feel a bit like this...

During a visit to my doctor, I asked him, "How do you
determine whether or not an older person should be put in a Nursing Home?"
"Well," he said, "we fill up a bathtub, then we offer a
teaspoon, a teacup and a bucket to the person to empty the bathtub."
"Oh, I understand," I said. "A normal person would use the
bucket because it is bigger than the spoon or the teacup."
"No" he said. "A normal person would pull the plug. Do you
want a bed near the window?"

I think I kind of have this problem. I started my account in the UK then moved to the US in the summer, I switched my account country to the US, but it won't let me subscribe to premium (the confirm button is greyed out) and the prices are still in pounds, so I'm stuck in spotify no-man's land apparently.

Are you subscribing using a payment method from the US @Drak ?

Peter

I'm not subscribed at all, I can't get that far.

But to answer your question, yes I would like to pay from a US account.

I reloaded the software, but no change. I checked for Tanzania so I could transfer, but there was no listing and I would like to continue to pay from my UK-based Account. What to do? Could it be that Spotify are not cleared for Tanzania, yet. The accounts dept took the payment, but it is not until you use the prog that you run into a wall. So is this primarily a legal/accounts issue, do you think?

Spotify is not yet available in Tanzania so you won't be able to subscribe there unless you have a payment method from a country such as the UK where Spotify is available.

Would you guys be able to try adding your payment details to the system without subscribing from the link below, making sure the country selected matches the one in which the payment card is registered:

https://www.spotify.com/account/subscription/change-payment/#change-country

If you can do this successfully, it should just be a case of hitting the upgrade button and entering your password once more!

Peter

Hi Peter,

I used a UK based payment to set this up. Could this be Google tooling around with my location, do you think? Also I don't want Premium, I am happy with unlimited. Maybe if I deleted the account and used a non-google account?

Nope google shouldn't play any role in how the Spotify system detects country, you should be able to subscribe as a UK customer if you have a UK payment method. I would suggest you get in touch with the customer services team directly using the online contact form and they can lend a hand to get you set up/

If you get an automated email reply back directing you to the community or help pages, you need to reply directly to that email (even if its from no-reply) and one of the customer services agents will get back to you as soon as possible.

Alternatively, if you prefer support via Twitter, please tweet @SpotifyCares.

Peter

Hi, I have the same problem. The last time I connected Spotify I was in Switzerland and now I'm trying to use Spotify again but still thinks I'm there. I went to edit profile and in that place my country is fine but in overview keeps Switzerland as my country. 

Any help? 

Thank you!

I've got to edit to say I'm in Spain! I don't' know if that's relevant..

Would it be possible to try a different browser?

Peter

I've tried the same in chrome, firefox and i explorer, and it keeps the same

Weird, does http://whatismyipaddress.com/ say your IP address is in Spain? 

Peter

Yes, It finds me pefectly

Suggested posts